The Romantic part one

I stared into his milky brown eyes for what seemed like decades. The way his long eyelashes protected them from the environment attracted me. The way they would turn gold in just the right light kept me guessing which color they really were. I scanned down his beautiful tan face. It was strong and very defined and had this exotic sense to it. His chin held more stubble than I was even capable of growing. But it looked natural on him. Was apart of who he really was.

"Are you thinking or staring?" He asked, breaking my concentration. I looked up at him and smiled. Even his accent was just perfect. Way better than mines in my opinion.

"Sorry that was rude of me." I said looking away. A slight chuckle escaped from his lips. His strong hand lifted my face back up to his.

"Don't be. It's cute." He told me with a wink. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks as I started to blush. He was looking at me with this intensity that I've only seen from one other person. Louis.

My jaw almost fell through the floor as realization hit me like a bus. Holy crapsauce did Louis like me? That would explain why he's always doing things for me. But I treat him like shit. There's no way he could have feelings for me. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind and focused on the guy before me.

"Zayn can I ask you something?" I asked.

"You just did." He replied. I rolled my eyes, that's something Louis would say. Craps Niall forget Louis! He's your step-brother for crying out loud.

"Why were you hitchhiking?" I asked him, trying to keep my mind on him.

"My parents kicked me out for being who I am. Even though they always told me to stay true to myself. I guess that comes with limitations." He mumbled to himself. "So I left my past life." He informed me.

"Aww." I said biting my lip. I could feel the tears start to form in my eyes. He chuckled and smiled at me.

"Please don't cry. You're too pretty for that." He told me. I smiled and nodded. "So it's my turn to ask you something. Who's Louis?" He asked me. My mind almost blew into a million pieces. "Your mom said something about him." He said, answering the shocked expression on my face.

"My step-brother." I said slowly.

"Is he here?" He asked me.

I let my eyes scan the room but didn't see any sign of him. "No, guess he changed his mind about coming." I said in a low voice.

"Sucks, I wanted to meet all the people close to you." His mouth snapped shut quickly. Both of our eyes enlarged at the same time. I'm guessing he was just as surprised as what he said as I was.

"Um, my bad. That sounded creepy." He said looking away.

"No it sounded sweet." I told him. His eyes snapped back in my direction and a smile crept across his face.

A couple of thoughts crossed my mind. It is prom night and I am a teenager and well a virgin. Maybe, just maybe he could. No he probably won't. He'll probably think I'm dumb for asking. He cleared his throat bringing my focus back to him.

"You're doing it again." He told me.

"I'm sorry just lots on my mind." I told him. He nodded as if he understood. But I knew he didn't.

"Do you want to go?" He said me. I nodded uncertain of what I was doing.

Zayn grabbed my hand and led me outside. I was trying to get my thoughts together. Trying to figure out what I really wanted, but coming up blank.

"Is it me?" Zayn asked. His face was eating me apart. He seemed so worried and sad. Did I do this?

"No it's not you. You are a brilliant date." I told him. He still didn't seem convinced. "I'm sorry Zayn it's not you it's me. I just learned some things so I'm just thinking them out. And well I need to figure some things out. I just need some space. " I said, trying to find the right words.