28

Chapter 28, Lonesome and near death

I wake up in my previous bed room. Didn't i sleep in Alexanders bed? I shrug and huddle deeper in the blankets with a small sigh and i will myself back to sleep.

When i wake up it is to Alexander and my... mom laughing while passing by. I crawl out of bed with a yawn and i open my door. they were already downstairs and in the kitchen.

I walk down to the smell of sausage. When i get there, Alexander was sitting with my mom where I sat. i frowned slightly. "Hi." i say quietly. Alexander nods with a small smile and i sit on the other side of him. My mom smiles at me and i smile slightly back before she continues her chat to him.

I sit patiently and two plates are settled in front of them. i wait a moment and when nothing comes i leave with a hollow stomach and sadness. its like they didn't know i was even existing.

I go out to search for anyone but the pack house was empty. i frown even more and I enter my room silently. i grab paper and crayons and i begin doodling random things like a family and dogs.

I sigh after a moment and i decide to ask Alexander for something to eat. i skip into the kitchen to find it empty and without a sign anyone was there.

Frowning i shrug, the pack house sounded and felt empty. i go to the fridge and i get a cup of apple sauce. i close it and i grab a spoon and i open it slowly.

i sit at a table and i eat it silently thinking where the pack was at. i hear the door open slowly as an unknown scent enters my nose. i frown and i slip under the table. he or she didn't smell like my pack. i soon realize four to five people surrounded the table. i continue eating my Apple Sauce silently. it could be my last thing to eat in a while.

Familiar chuckles fill the room and my eyes widen and fear fills the pit of my stomach. It was my Ruthless father from my pack. "We found her." He says before I'm jerked back out from under the table i don't move or acknowledge father as he laughs Bitterly with no humor whatsoever.

"This was easier than i thought it would be." he says laughing. i flinch slightly and hands me to a man. The man nearly crushes my arms with his grip and i whimper. "Let's go." he says before I'm knocked unconscious.

I wake up with a pounding headache and pain along my shoulders and arms. "Glad you're awake." Father sarcastically before punching my stomach. if i could have doubled over i would have but my hands were chained to the wall. i whimper and struggle against the chains weakly.

"Cant get away like last time now can you?" he says barking out bitter laughter. he begins slamming punch after punch at me and my head hits the wall and i slip unconscious but he was still hitting me.

All i could see was darkness. it was frightening. i watch as a white light fills the other other side and i hear a soft lulling voice calling for me. i walk in that direction slowly and as i did so it was getting harder to breathe.

"Child. Where do you wish to stay with?" the silky lulling voice says. "With... With Alexander!" i say. Soft tinkling laughter fill the darkness and i could feel a pull beckoning me to the white light.

"River! Please come back to me! River I'm so sorry. i thought she was truly my mate! Please River don't leave me like this. I... i need you. I need you more than I ever wanted to admit. I'm so so so sorry please come back to me. You cant die on me! i wont allow it!" i hear Alexander's voice calls Quietly from the darkness. i fight the pulls and i run to the darkness and the laughter stop and i hear muffled sobs. I fight the still beckoning voice and i reach towards the darkness.

my eyes flutter open and i soon hear a beeping. Alexander was bent over me with my hand in both of his. His head snaps up immediately and i see silent tears slide down his face. "I'm so sorry River. I- I got rid of your so called mom." he says shakily meeting my gaze. i smile slightly and he mirrors me. "It's okay." i croak quietly. He tilts my head and puts a cup of water to my lips.

i drink greedily and quickly and when i was was done he pulls the cup away and i sigh. he wraps my into a tight embrace and i hug his arm tightly. "I'm so glad your okay. I thought you left me for good." He whispers.

I smile slightly. "Your stuck with me." i say. he chuckles slightly and rests his chin on my head looking thoughtful.

"Your father is dead. So is his group of rogues. You were nearly dead for three days and i was so worried. when your heart stopped beating and your breathing got shallower I thought you were truly gone." He says softly.

A tear splashes my arm and i look up. tears were still slipping down his cheeks. "Daddy. I will never leave you. I will make sure i never will." i say sounding determined. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Your birthday is tomorrow." he says. i smile and he keeps me in the hug for a very long time. Soon i doze off comfortable and i feel him sigh. "I love you." he whispers just as i fully fall into a deep sleep.

When i wake up Alexander was drying out his hair and was only in his pants. (Imagine the six pack and his very toned skin. XD) "Daddy!" I say eyeing the bandages wrapped around his chest. he looks up at me and smiles slightly. "Hey River." he says.

"You're hurt." i say as he pulls on a shirt. "I'll be okay. Your party will start at five." he says. "Okay!" I say smiling. He helps me sit up and pain flashes through my ribs and stomach.

I whimper and he hold me still as it slowly turns to a dull throb. I lean on Alexander as he crouches down. "Are you Okay?" he asks worriedly.

"Hurt." i whisper. "Where at?" he asks. Concern was clear in his eyes. "Tummy and ribs." i whimper. He only nods as his eyes glaze of.

He must be mind linking the pack doctor. The pain once again lances up my ribs and i cry out in pain. He pushes me down gently and i curl up whimpering.

Yay!
Did any of you already know the plot twist before this chapter?
Any questions?

Sorry for the extreme lack of chapter lately writers block y'know?
Hope you can forgive me.
GOAL: 9 Votes 4 Comments

See ya later!
-L

(Edited..)