16

Hey everyone! I'm so glad i can write to you again! Apologies for any mistakes!! And you guys might hate me by the end of the chapter.... Mumford and sons - the Cave

Chapter 16 the ceremony Interrupted

I tilt my head as Alexander starts his paperwork. After getting all dressed up we decided to go to his office. It was huge. The dark wood flooring, the light gray curtains, dark amber walls, and many furniture. Alice and Alicia couldn't play for they were in kindergarten which i would be starting in August. Alexander sighs sitting back and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Are... You okay Dada?" I ask. He looks at me before nodding. "The ceremony is soon. Are you okay with that?" he asks. Though there was fear in my eyes i nod wanting to be brave. He chuckles as i make my way to him and he pulls me onto his knee. "Will it... Hurt?" I ask after a moment. "Just a little. But don't worry I'll be with you the whole time." he says kissing the top of my head. "Okay." I say with a small smile. I huddle into his chest drifting to sleep as his laughter rumbles in his chest.
I wake up with a yawn, i noticed i was still in the office but on one of the couches. I sit up and Alexander looks up with a small smile. "I was just about to wake you. it's almost time." he says chuckling. "Yay." I say giggling. "The pack doctor Says Mike is getting along well. He should survive." he replies. At that I grin with joy and excitement. He stretches while standing and he grabs my hand. "Let me change real quick before we go. This is a formal event." he says leading me to his room. "Okay dada." i say. As he opens the door to his room. "Will you choose? I have something to do on my phone real quick." he says pulling out a phone. I nod and enter his large walk in closet. Shirts and jeans were hanging up and i stand up on my tippy toes grabbing a navy blue V neck and a pair of jeans. I step out just as he throw a lamp into the wall right behind me. I squeak and whimper and i flinch. Alexanders eyes were pitch black with his normal green swirling in them. He looked to be fighting inwardly and after a moment the green overtakes the black and he sighs sadly. "I'm so sorry River. My wolf, his name is briar, got angry at some news... Do you forgive me?" He asks. I nod after a moment and he smiles slightly. "Thank you. Now lets see what you got me." he says taking the shirt and jeans from my arms. He smiles. "I think I'll need you to choose more often." he says chuckling as he enters his bathroom i climb upon his enormous bed and I sit down waiting for him. After a while he comes back out with a full on grin. "You have taste." he says chuckling. I smile too and he takes my hand. "Come on, the ceremony is outside." he says. I nod and follow after him my excitement overriding my fear. He lifts to his hip just before we descend the stairs. A lot of people were waiting and once we were at the bottom step every gaze snaps to us. I tilt my head and the nod their heads in respect at us. The alpha chuckles and opens the door. A little stage like thing stood many feet away and he walks us towards it the people following and filing into rows of seats. Once they were all seated except us, Mira, and two other men. Alexander sets me down and i tilt my head at the crowd and they were watching in silence. "Tonight! In celebration of my new daughter and new pack member we will hold the ceremony! Tonight we welcome River as our future pack member!" Alexander says. The pack cheers and I look around. "Alpha! There are ro-" his sentence is cut off as a snarling wolf leaps onto him snapping his neck. Kids and girls scream and jump away as either there mates and other males form a ring around them. That wolf was eerily familiar and i scuttle backwards. It was my alpha from before. I was now shaking in fear as Alexander pulls me to him. The wolf howls and many more leap out. Alexander joins the ring and places me behind him. Mira pulls me along with the girls to her who were crying. My breath was ragged and silent tears streamed down my cheeks. The men attack as the woman and kids huddle together. Many more wolves leap out and I fall to my knees sobbing. I'm pulled back up by the throat and I come to face my alpha from before. I scratch at his hands desperately and i see My brother leap forwards suddenly. I am dropped to the ground and i watch before my eyes and Mike is killed. Rage filled me. But so did despair. "No!" I wail. "River!" i hear Alexander shout in desperation. I was now shaking in anger and i'm forced to shift as i leap at him. I slam him to the ground and he flings me away. Everyone was frozen either staring in horror or joy as i hit the ground. I immediately stand and leap at him again. He barely misses letting me claw his jaw. He growls and i see Alexander being held back by the two men that came up on on stage also. He was struggling against them. I growl and i snap at the alpha. He slams me away and i lay there a second before tottering up. I leap at him quickly and i bite deep at his throat. I drop to the ground and i sulk to my brother before resting my snout on his forehead.

Added sorry! Someone sent it without my privilege!

The fight was soon far from thought as tears slip down my fur. He was dead. I let out a whimper and i hear someone nearing but i growl loudly. "River..." Alexander's voice says softly. I don't budge, but i do growl. He sighs sorrow in his aura that radiated off him. My heart was aching and every tear that fell i would whine. Someone sits closer than i wanted and i growl fur bristling. The person scuttles back and i raise my head to look at Alexander. He was sitting at the edge of my miniature border i made. He had sorrow in his eyes and i look away and rest my head back on his forehead. Someone grabs me from behind and i growl squirming around wildly. My ears were lain back on my head and I bite into the man's hand. Alexander yelps and drops me. I land in crouch and I stare up at him with shock and horror in my gaze. He had his hand to his chest and it was bleeding. I whimper and curl up shaking slightly with horror and fear. "I... Understand you are grieving River... But you need to back away from him so we can prepare his body for burial." he says gently. at that I'm up growling again. He steps back a few feet and i slink to Mike's body. I lick his cheek gently with a whine begging him to come back. He doesn't even breathe. After hesitation i turn and bound into the woods with Alexander chasing right behind. "River! Stop!" he shouts in his alpha tone. I ignore him and i hear him swear as he shifts. I'm tackled to the ground and i growl struggling to scramble away. The weight shifts and bones snap into place. I was soon cradled in Alexander's chest as i whine. "River. It's okay. He'll watch over you from the stars." he whispers gently setting me down. He grabs a pair of shorts and pulls them on as I rest my snout on my paws. He settles in front of me with a sweater and rubs my head gently. "Will you shift please?" he whispers. I do so and he puts the shirt on me. I'm pulled to his chest and i cry into his chest as he stands. "You'll be okay River. He is watching you now." he says gently. My response was a whimper and he tightens his hold on me whispering words of comfort.

Nuu, Mike!!
Anyone grieving his loss too?
And poor River. She only had an older brother for a few days!
VOTE and COMMENT!

-L