Chapter 20

I ran to Brownie's trailer pen and hugged him.  He nickered happily and reared playfully when I stopped hugging him. 

" We did great Brownie! We are winning for sure!!! Luckily I had my good luck charm here! You and Romeo!"

I slipped on Brownie's halter and lead rope and did the same with Romeo.  I wanted my horses to be there when I got my well deserved trophies and ribbons.  Lara waved me over and I tied my horses up next to Vegas.  They all nuzzled each other, happy to be together again.

" What did I miss Lara???"

" They will announce the stable that won, the team that one, and the top rider from the winning team, and then the top rider at the stable.  The speaker crackled again and we all listened in.  Excitment and nervousnes hung in the air like streamers.

" Ladies and gentleman, and horses too.  It is my honor to announce the winners of the 2013 Double Event Competition.  The winning stable is........... CanterWood! They had a spetactular run and they all deserve a blue ribbon."

We all collected our ribbons and waited patiently for them to continue.

" The winning team from CanterWood is....... Andrea's team! They deserve a team trophy for the team captain and everyone gets a blue ribbon."

I grabbed my second ribbon and my team captain trophy.  It was a beautiful gold, with a pony jumping an oxer.  Customized just for me.  Another gift from Andrea.  She knew I would win! 

" The top rider from that team was.... Teegan Southwood.  That deserves another blue ribbon."

I collected my third blue ribbon and bowed.  My patents stood up and clapped very loudly.  I was so proud!

" Our last section is for the rider who stoid out amongst the crowd.  Fought to be the best and practiced hard through good times, and bad.  Please cheer on.... Teegan Southwood!!! For her efforts she get's a trophy, blue ribbon, and a riding set customized for both of her horses!"

I was in awe and Lara had to shake me out of my fantasy.  I collected my prize.  It was a awesome competition!! All of CanterWood gave me a ginormous group hug. And my parents gave me hugs and kisses.  The whole crowd cheered me on.  And I headed towards the trailer to load up.

I knew I tryed hard.  I was so proud I could scream.  But no screaming around horses.  My tack would only be used for competitions and my trophies and ribbons would be displayed proudly in my room.  I got 2 trophies and 4 ribbons.  I dreamt about going to the Olympics someday to compete as I dosed off.