Chapter 13

A few weeks passed and Isabella was back at the stables. She could ride again and had a lot of practicing to do. While she was out, I took care of Cherokee for her. Seeing I was the only one who could control him.

Me and Romeo did more practicing and completly knew and could clear the course perfectly. We had.one more jumping practice before the competition next weekend.

" OK Teegan. Your next." Andrea said.

" Let's do it Romeo. One last practice before bringing home the gold."

He whinnied and I kicked him into a canter.

I signaled for him to jump and he pushed off the ground like a ferret who drank coffee. He put his back legs up under him and we landed perfectly!

The next two jumps were just as perfect. We came out with 0 faults and a time of 1:32:13.

I hosed Romeo down and turned him out to the pasture. He immediatly trotted to Vegas. His head held high and his wet body shining in the sun.

I walked over to the vet's office to grab Brownie.

" Hi Mrs. Barnes. How's Brownie?"

" He's doing wonderful! His fetlocks are still a tiny bet tender but he still should be able to watch the competition."

" That's great! How are you Bronwie!? We have a lot of riding to catch up on!"

We heard a familar whinnie in the background. Romeo and Vegas nickered to Brownie and he responded with a low whinnie. Then he turned to face me, as if saying please.

I put him out to pasture and watched them run around and play together and munch on apples till the sun started to go down.