Stay Strong (Johnnie Guilbert fanfic)

It was the third hour of the school day. I sat in my desk behind my best friend Joey waiting impatiently for the bell to ring. Joey is my best friend, but he won't communicate with me in school because he's too cool for that. My other friend, Ally sat in front of Joey fighting for his attention but failing miserably. I still find it amusing to watch her squirm when Joey, or as we call him Pookie, didn't say a word to her. I kept glancing at the clock wishing the bell would ring already. I had a migraine and everyone being loud wasn't helping. I looked over at the empty desk where my bestie usually sat, but of course, she made me deal with this hell alone. I mean she only was getting four teeth pulled out of her skull.

   Finally, the bell blared its loud obnoxious noise and the teacher casually strolled into the room. She was Marie's mom. Marie showed up to my school in seventh grade and we were tied at the hip but now that ninth grade has rolled around we aren't as close as I'd like. The once loud roar of the classroom was now a semi-quiet murmur. The raging pounding in my skull was still screaming and I knew it would only get worse. To my surprise Pookie turned around, "Hey Sam?"

   "Yes, Pookie?" I replied looking suspiciously at his friends making sure that this wasn't some sick joke.

    He ran his hand through his straight brown hair that went to his shoulders, "I... ummm..."

    Now I was worried, "What's wrong?"

    "Nothing. It's just you and..."

    "Okay, class! Socializing time is over!" Mrs. Helvia instructed while interrupting Joey in the process. Mrs. Helvia stood in the front of the room with her light blonde hair up in a ponytail and she wore a dark blue sweater that made her pale skin look unfortunately lighter. She was in her early 40's and she seemed tired out. Her blue-green eyes peered across the room as she continued, "Are we only missing Tasha today?"

   Pookie stared at me and I spoke up, "Yes. My other part isn't here today sadly Mrs. Helvia." She just snickered and turned to the computer to put in the attendance. "So talk to me later?" I spoke under my breath to Pookie.

   He nodded and turned to face the front. The room door swung open and I about ripped my head off I whipped it towards the door so fast. I was really hoping to see Tayshay walk right through the door but no it just had to be the counselor Mrs. Dayton. I sat nervously in my desk hoping she wouldn't want to talk to me about the other night but to my relief, she looked over her shoulder and murmured something indicating there was someone else with her.

I relaxed and then he walked in...