Chapter four

Firstly I should point out why I find the need to defend Kayla's actions in this chapter and throughout the story: If anyone has read My Girl or My Badboy, then you will know how strongly Kayla is when it comes to guy's and partyingg.

Her personality is basically 'having fun twenty-four seven' And while I know she has a boyfriend she loves, that's not going to stop her from being who she is. She's freaking Kayla Mays for crying outload! Guy getting is her middle name(;

Hopefully you can see where I am going with this. Like previous books, my intentions are always to let my characters grow and mature. So I hope you all stick around to see my characters do just that (:

Love, Nickymb <3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’m wasted.

 And when I say wasted, I mean slurring, ridiculous, take a photo while you can drunk. While I’m a girl who can care less about what anyone thinks of her, I know it’s not fair that I am ruining Mia’s big night by making a spectacle of myself.

 But honestly, I need it. The whole ride to the reception was awkward as hell. If Sterling and I weren’t trying to make small talk, we would lapse into long periods of silence that made small talk sound so much better.

 The whole time here I couldn’t help but think about how shy he was. Sure, I mean I saw how he was when Mia wasn’t around, but when she was, it was.. beautiful.

 I guess that’s why I couldn’t do anything but act supportive and excited whenever Mia talked about him. Why would I get between something so amazing like that?

 It was like Sterling held Mia on this pedestal that no other girl could reach and it was hard seeing it.

 Because no matter how many times in the past Mia tried to say Sterling didn’t see her in that way, I knew better.

I knew without a doubt that Sterling was head over heels for the girl long before he came out and decided to make a move.

 And when he did? Checkmate. The supportive, romantically air-headed Kayla Mays was out to play.

 Now? I’m so over it. I’m over all those nights I use to stare at Sterling the way he stared at Mia. Gone are the moments when I use to stay up at night and wish that he would, just for one second, see more than just Mia’s friend.

 I’m not going to sit around and sound bitter. I’m not going to even bother trying to reconnect with the guy on a personal level.

So what if he lives in Miami? Good for him. Not like I was going to see him any time freaking soon. Sure, I’ll be his friend if it ever came to it, but unless he approached me, there was no way I was putting that deal out there.

 Now, thinking about all of this, I just want Seth. If he was here, he would have probably of stopped me from looking like a fool.

 Too late for that though.

 Throwing my hands in the air, I catch the eye of a waiter and he starts to make his way toward me, a slight frown on his face. I’m sure if he could, he would refuse to give me the drink.

But he can’t so he doesn’t. Instead he hands me the wine glass and I sit it on my table, the white liquid spilling over the side.

 You would think Mia would have her reception somewhere inside, but nope. Here we were on Michigan beach, a big gazebo set up and decorated to perfection.