Chapter three

Dedicated to the girl who stayed with me from the first story to the last. 

I love you girl <3 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hated the color pink.

 I think I hated it almost as much as I hated horror flicks, but since that was the last thing I had to worry about, the color pink was my number one nemesis. Looking down at the shrilly little pink dress I was in, I run my hands over the sparkly fabric and come to a conclusion.

I am not going in there.

Isa, who was already half-way up the churches steps, looks over her shoulder with a question in her eyes. When she see’s me at the bottom, disgust written all over my face, she bursts out laughing. Shooting her a glare, I bound up the steps while trying to wipe the glitter off my dress.

Yeah. No hope there.

 “Give up Kayla. The sparkles are there to stay.”

 She bites her lip to keep from laughing but when she sees my anguished filled face, the giggles end up seeping out. Pushing her out of my way, I head into the closed in church and try not to look around at all the people around me.

I’m sure everyone looked as good as Isa, in full, classy dresses that just screamed wedding party.

I, on the other hand, looked like a five year old on the way to her princess themed birthday party. The reason I was even wearing the damn thing was because the invitation said that casual wear was not allowed.

And, since half my closet was either full of shorts or thigh hugging dresses, this is what I was stuck with. Isa swore on the drive here that there would be some boutique somewhere that would have what I needed.

Since we planned on flying home, not driving, we were cutting it close to not arriving on time. Everything had to be timed perfectly so we could only stop at one place and make it fast.

 Sadly, this was the only dress the stupid shop on the side of the road had that was actually halfway decent.

 Looking away from my puffy dress, I let out my breath and meet Isa’s gaze. “Try to figure out where the brides side is.” It didn’t take long.

 Stretching on my tippy toes, I saw a head full of blonde hair toward the front right side, making jokes and becoming the churches entertainment. The preacher up front kept shooting him little glares and the infamous Mason kept on with his little act.

 Smiling, I start to head that way when Isa latches onto my arm, stopping me. Glancing at her over my shoulder, she gives me a small smile. “Look. I know how hard it is for you to be coming back here and I want you to know how proud I am of you.”

 Her words do something to me. Never in my life has someone ever said they were proud of me unless it was coming from my father. Every action, plan, or stupid thing I did was always reprimanded by some snide comment or a look of disgust.

No one ever really thought I was going to do something great with my life. Most people, like my mother, swore every day that I was just going to be some forgotten about slut that would have no real sense of the world around her.

 The only two people who ever really stuck by my side where Kelsey and Mia, but even on the bad days Kelsey would remind me of how I needed to get my life together. What they didn’t know was that just because I wasn’t living life the way they did didn’t mean it was any way wrong. Everything I did in life was what I wanted, and either good or bad, it was my life. Not theirs.