Chapter 65

~~Chapter 65~~

I was in the hospital again.

The thing about Leukemia is that the disease itself doesn't really kill you.

Your immune system becomes too weak to fight off any illnesses. And since I have no immune system, I'm sick.

It was a couple of weeks after the prom, just when I thought I was getting better.

I was weak, yes, but I could still get around if I had help. Now I'm coughing and wheezing and sniffling and puking. Not to mention that everything in my body hurts. The doctor was giving me antibiotics, but it wasn't helping. I refused to go through chemotherapy, even though it would probably allow me to live longer.

"Zach?" I breathed between coughs.

"Zach can't come in right now, honey. You're really sick." The doctor said.

"I want to see Zach." I demanded before coughing again. I couldn't breathe, and nurses were rushing over to me to help. My chest was hurting, and I was getting weaker.

"I'm sorry, this isn't the time for him to be here." He explained.

"I'M DYING! JUST LET ME SEE HIM!" I screamed at the doctor. The nurses put a mask on me to help me breathe.

The doctor nodded, then ran out of the room to the area where Zach was sitting. A moment later, Zach was running towards me.

"Destiny," He breathed. "How is she?" He asked the nurses.

"She's losing her breath. She's about to stop breathing." They replied.

A tear fell down my cheek, knowing that this was the end. The end of my life, the end of me being with Zach.

He pulled the mask off me, even though the nurses disapproved. He leaned down to kiss me for a long time, but he finally pulled away, tears spilling down his cheeks.

"I love you, Destiny." He said softly.

I smiled, even though it hurt.

"I love you too, Zach."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/23/13

Thanks for reading! :)

Comment!