Chapter 18

~~Chapter 18~~

Zach walked me downstairs to the ballroom. As we entered, he even made me take his arm. I was nervous touching him. He was nice and warm. The Sheila situation made me nervous, though. He led me to a table to sit at, but not before Sheila saw us with anger in her eyes. 

"Zach, get your hands off of her now!" she yelled.

Zach just rolled his eyes.  "Enough, Sheila, you're so annoying." he said. Sheila huffed, then grabbed a glass of punch from a table. She shoved it at me, but Zach quickly hit it midair and sent it flying onto Sheila's pink dress. There were loud gasps, and then She began to cry, running out of the room. Serves her right. Zach and I stared at each other wide eyed for a moment, then started giggling. 

"That was amazing." I said, catching my breath.

He laughed, then put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I stopped laughing immediately and my heart started racing. Slowly I lifted my arms and hugged him back.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful yet?" I blushed. A lot. And of course he had to notice. "You're so cute when you blush," he said.

I pulled away from him and covered my face with my hands. I was blushing even more now. I made my way over to a table and sat down, still covering my face. He chuckled and sat down next to me. He tried to pull my fingers off my face. Finally I gave up and turned away from him so he couldn't see my face.

"Is that blush for me?" he asked, mocking me. That was embarrassing. I didn't answer. We sat in silence for awhile, then suddenly he grabbed my hand. "Let's dance," he said, pulling me up. 

"Oh no, no, no. That's not going to happen" I said, trying to pull away. Unfortunately he was just too strong for me. 

"Well it's happening," he said, smirking. As he dragged me to the dance floor, I began to get shaky and nervous. I think Zach can sense this though, because he told me to relax. He put my hands on his shoulders, then put his on my hips. 

"Now what?" I asked, nervous and confused at the same time.  He moved closer to me, then leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"I'll show you. But first I need you to calm down. I can feel your heart beating and your hands are shaking so bad that they're practically giving me a shoulder massage."

I shook my head. "you don't understand Zach. I can't just calm down."

"Look, Destiny. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise you that. If I were going to kill you I would do it in a place where no one was around" he joked. He slid one hand up my back and rubbed it up and down a little, trying to comfort me.  "Okay, now follow my lead." he told me as he started moving. It wasn't that bad, he just moved in a small circle. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes, though. I seemed to have become extremely fascinated by his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Zach. You're probably super embarrassed right now." I said.

"Of course not!" he said. "I'd rather be with you than any other of the girls here." he added. My eyes began to water. "Whats wrong?" he asked, alarmed.

I shook my head.  "Nothing," I managed to say. "It's just that that was the sweetest thing that anyone has ever said to me." I told him, putting my face into his shoulder.

He leaned in really close and stoked my cheek with his hand. Then he leaned down and kissed it softly. I blushed as my heart fluttered even faster. "You're just too adorable." he said, chuckling.

I pulled away from him and covered my face again. My face was probably as red as a tomato. "Cut it out," I told him from under my hands.

"What?" he asked, trying to pull my fingers away from my face again. I didn't answer, I just walked back to the table we were sitting at earlier. After I sat down, Zack sat down next to me. We sat in silence for a while, but then I heard Zach laugh softly next to me.