Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six:

"We make a beautiful family," Landon cooed as he laid beside me on the bed, Nevaeh in his arms and Zane in mine. He's right, we do make a beautiful family, these kids were gorgeous, and I had him to thank for that.

"I totally agree," I murmured. "When are you going to call the family?"

"In a few minutes; I want to enjoy time with you and the babies before people start coming to see them."

I nodded my head as I realized exactly what he meant. There would be people coming constantly to see Zane and Nevaeh. There was a light knock on the door and I whispered a 'come in,' before the door opened slowly and Melissa popped her head in.

"Hey guys! Would you like me to contact any family for you?" she asked excitedly, as if she did this all the time and was filled with joy when the family's squeal with excitement from the news.

Landon shook his head and smiled politely. "I have my cell phone on me, so I can use that, and plus I wanted to spend some family time with them before we get a whole bunch of people hear trying to see the babies and Dakota."

A look of understanding crossed her face, "That's totally understandable. It tends to get a little bit hectic when a baby, or in this case, babies, are born."

"Yeah, I can see how that can happen."

"Would you like me to take your picture then? Maybe post it on Facebook or send it to friends?"

A smile lit my face, "Yes please!"

Landon pulled out his cell phone carefully without jerking Nevaeh awake. He handed the iPhone over to Melissa and looked over at me with adoration as I stared at him with the same look. We were brought out of the moment by a bright flash and a camera clicking.

"Awe," Melissa cooed. "Look at the camera this time so I can get a nice picture for you guys to send people and frame."

We did as she said and smiled brightly at the camera. We took a few more with me holding Nevaeh and Landon holding Zane.

Posting the best picture of us as a full family on Facebook, I put the caption as; Zane Lukas Alexander and Nevaeh Amerianna Castelo are finally here!!!!!

And not before long Landon started to call people.

"Hi, Amanda, I have some good news," Landon started.

"And what would that be?" my mother asked. It was on speakerphone so I could hear everybody's reactions as well. My mom's voice sounded really sleepy, and I glanced at the clock only for me see that it was only four o'clock in the morning. Just at that moment Zane thought it was a great time to wake up and start crying. "Oh my God, Dakota had the babies!" my mom screamed, suddenly awake. I heard shuffling and my dad was now on the phone.

"Dakota had the babies?" My dad's voice showed no tiredness, only excitement and enthusiasm. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes, I had the babies," I called out.

"We will be right over!" And with that the line went dead.

"Do you think they will remember to tell Derek?" Landon asked with a goofy smile on his face.

"I hope so, but you should call him just in case. I think Sarah's over anyways."

Yes, Derek and Sarah got back together. The night after Derek told me about the fight and her being pregnant, he went over and gave her two dozen roses –her favourite of course- and a box of her favourite chocolate and he explained about him being in a state of total shock that she was pregnant but he really wanted to be there for her and the child.

"This had better be good for you to call me at four o'clock in the morning when you're right across the hall from me," Derek muttered into the phone. I should have known that my parents would be too excited to tell my brother.

I heard a loud groan from the other side of the phone. "Whoever is on that damn phone I'm going to kill them!" Sarah yelled loudly, making me chuckle. I can still remember when I had my vicious mood swings.

"As I was about to say, Derek, Dakota had the babies."

"Dakota had the babies?" Derek repeated as if he didn't believe what Landon had just said.

"Dakota had the babies?" Sarah screamed loudly, I could hear her struggling to get up and she was soon panting.

"Oh my God, okay, we will be there in a little while," Derek yelled and we heard the click of the phone.

It was pretty much the same thing for Landon's parents. They seemed to be super happy that they were here checking up on their restaurant that Landon had taken me with that beautiful view of the ocean.

It only seemed like seconds before the room was filled with our immediate family and Zane and Nevaeh were gone from our arms.

"Oh my God, they're the cutest kids in the world," Sarah gushed as she took Nevaeh into her arms. Her baby bump was ridiculously huge considering she was only about three months into the pregnancy.

"When were they born? How much did they weigh? Who came out first? Who-"

I interrupted my mom before she could ask any more questions. "Mom, please stop asking so many questions! You're confusing me, just give me a second. Zane was born first, at twelve-fifteen. He weighed five pounds, six ounces. Then came Nevaeh, she was born at twelve-twenty, even though it felt just like seconds between the two, but Nevaeh weighed five pounds even."

"Congratulations Dakota, you too Landon, you made some beautiful kids," Luke stated as he stared in Zane's blue eyes with a goofy smile on his face. Everyone here seemed to still be in shock that Nevaeh and Zane were finally here. It felt as if it had only been a few months ago that I found out I was pregnant, but in reality it's been about nine months.

"Thank you," I said with a yawn.

"Are you tired Hunny? We can always wait in the waiting room and come back when you're rested," Lucy stated with a large smile.

"That sounds so great right now. I'll have Landon come get you guys when I'm awake," I responded, my eyes starting to get heavy.

I could hear everyone leaving the room and I felt a light kiss being placed against my forehead. "You did such a good job today, beautiful. Thank you so much for that wonderful gift, I love you so much."

"I love you too," I whispered before I drifted into unconsciousness.

----------

Hi guys. I know this is super late and it's short, but I'm really not in the mood for writing lately.

#1: school has been really hectic with assignments and such, and I couldn't get writing time in.

#2: when I had time to write; I didn't have the inspiration to due to the anniversary of my grandmother's death. We were super close and I was pretty upset, and I still am.

I'm super sorry for the late upload, but there is only going to be 2 or 3 more chapters and that's it for 'Dirty Little Secret.' I want to give a special thanks to @AmnaZara for helping me get through a rough patch in my dating life :L baha. If you're reading this, everything is solved now!! Thank you!

Moving on! Did you like it? Love it? Let me know! Please, Vote, Comment and Fan. It keeps me inspired to write more!!! Thanks again for all of your support!