Chapter 17: Is this where it ends?

"Suicide?!" Sakon stuttered, blood spraying from his mouth. As Kiba stabbed at his stomach again, Sakon launched himself off of Kiba and towards Kitsune, forcing his way into her body this time.

"Damnit," Kiba spat weakly, the blood draining quickly out of his body.

"You think I won't do the same thing?" Kitsune laughed, drawing a kunai and positioning it in front of her chest.

"I know you won't, lab rat," he hissed, grabbing a handful of Kitsune's hair and jerking backwards.

"Like hell I won't," squeezing her eyes shut, she plunged the kunai into her chest, feeling the blood rush up to her mouth.

"You're both fucking insane!" He spat, tossing himself out of Kitsune's body and getting nailed with a kunai from Kiba. "You think this will stop me... shit!" The smoke bomb attached exploded, providing an escape route for the three of them.

Kitsune leaned heavily against Kiba, her attempt to do damage surpassing Kiba's, leaving her in a much worse condition than him. Off in the distance the sound of the trap Kiba had set exploded alerted them letting them know they only had a few minutes to make an escape.

"You're fucking dead!" Sakon belted from behind the pair.

"Why did you follow me," Kiba hissed, holding Akamaru up against his chest, holding his palm extremely still to make sure his dog was still breathing.

"I wanted... to help," she breathed.

"Well it was stupid," he spat, watching tears well up in Kitsune's eyes. A short silence following his words before he realized that the knot in his throat wasn't just because of Akamaru...

 "You know... I don't regret being born any longer," she whispered, placing a hand over her chest and balling the torn fabric in her hand. "I learned to cherish the life I was given, because you..." Her hand extended out towards Kiba, tears flowing freely down her cheeks, "you were there."

"Kitsune," Kiba choked back a sob, grabbing ahold of her hand and squeezing it gently. "You're going to be fine, please..." She tried her hardest to let out a small laugh but the air caught in her throat.

"Go," she pulled her hand away, pushing herself off the rock she was leaning up against. Even if I'm far from you... I will pick myself up... thanks to you. "Go!" She shouted, finally standing to her feet and shielding Kiba.

"I can't leave you," he yelled, grabbing at Kitsune's arms.

"Just leave, Kiba!" She screamed, pushing him away from her, causing her to stumble backwards. With tears still finding their way out his eyes, he turned away from her, gently picking Akamaru up and limping off towards the river.

My heart is warm because of you. She closed her eyes, falling back onto the ground, her strength pouring out of her chest in large red pools. Thank you, Kiba. Sakon and Ukon were approaching slowly, their bodies merging together once more, the separate sadistic smiles forming into one horrifying one.

I'll go on alone, she let out a final sigh, and I swear I won't regret it, Sakon drew a kunai, pressing it up against her throat, the blood seeping out slowly at first. With a final slash, her vision blurred and her body fell to the side.

Her eyes began to feel heavy. Her whole body did.

She tried to give a little laugh, her throat letting out a gurgling sound as the blood pulsed from it.

You're my most precious treasure.