Chapter 13: Peeping in the Bathhouse (Part 2)

Kitsune could feel her face burning, the thought of being peeped on was... horrifying, but she kept her mouth shut, not wanting to worry the others. She blamed her beat red face on the hot water, excusing herself to go cool down.

"O-oh, feel better," Hinata murmured, giving a little wave while still still covering her chest with one hand protectively. Kitsune nodded, giving a comforting smile before rounding the corner into the changing room and tightening her towel, glancing around the room for more peep holes.

Confident that she wasn't being watched, she slipped on her clothes and listened as the men's room door slammed against the wall, someone whining about his eye hurting. She held back a laugh, trying not to alert them of her presence as she slipped out of the woman's room and halfway down the hall to get in earshot of them.

"Well I got caught, but at least it wasn't Tsunade!" The man laughed, the sound of his hand smacking against someone's back ringing through the hallway. Shivering, Kitsune stood there and waited for them to come out so she could confront them.

"I told you that was a bad idea," Kiba sighed. The sounds of clothes hitting the wall as they were thrown around the room following close behind.

"You have to live for the moment, kid!" The man's bellowing laugh started to hurt Kitsune's ears, making her take a few steps back towards the women's room. After a few minutes of small talk and rough housing around by whipping each other with wet towels, Naruto and Kiba walked out followed by the same white haired man she'd earlier.

"Oh, hey fox," Kiba gave a casual wave, his hand dropping when he saw that Kitsune was giving him an angry look. "It was you, wasn't it?" He stopped, ducking behind Naruto, who was totally lost now.

"What was you?" Naruto looked from Kitsune to the cowering Kiba, scratching his head. "I'm confused..."

"You were peeping, you old pervert!" Kitsune barked, pointing at the white haired man.

"Oh come on, who could resist peeping on such beautiful women?" He gave a laugh, his broad shoulders shaking with each breath.

"Any dignified man would be able to!" She shouted, balling her fists at her side, the blush spreading across her face again.

"Don't talk about Master Jiraiya like that," Naruto defended weakly, stepping down as Kitsune turned her glare his way.

"W-wait... Jiraiya?" Her hands relaxed, looking the man up and down before settling on his white hair and gasping as the realization hit her.

"That's the name!" He poked his thumb into his chest, giving her a large grin. "You must be a fan of my books!" Of course he wouldn't think I was his daughter, despite his oblivious stare, she couldn't help but feel her heart racing. Why am I so nervous, he doesn't even know who I am! "Would you like an autograph?" He pulled a pen out of nowhere, twirling it around his finger.

"Uh, yeah, but I don't have anything for you to sign," Jiraiya chuckled, pulling out a pad of paper, quickly scribbling his name and handing it to Kitsune.

"I'm always prepared," he gave her a sly wink. "For everything," her heart refused to calm, the thought of her father being so close... but so out of reach made tears well up in her eyes. "Woah, woah, no need for tears!" He waved his hands in front of him. "How about a photo?"

The tears pooled over as Jiraiya pulled out a camera, once again out of nowhere, and walked over to Kitsune and putting his hand over her shoulder. Naruto took a quick photo, him and Kiba fighting to cower behind each other.

"There, isn't that better?" He asked, giving her a squeeze before retracting his hand and taking a step back. She sniffled, her nose starting to stuff up as the tears continued to force themselves out of her eyes.

"You're..." She paused, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "Thank you," she gave a slight bow before turning her back, walking back into the women's room and sliding to the ground. You're a coward, she hissed, pressing her hands against her eyes and letting herself cry.

"What was that about?" Kiba pushed Naruto away from him, angry that he'd won 'hide-from-Kitsune'.

"Just a huge fan, I guess." Jiraiya laughed, putting the pen and pad of paper back in his pocket. "Let's go get something to eat," he looked over to Naruto. "Ramen. I'm paying," he whispered, watching Naruto bolt past him and jump up and down in the street. "Just you two, though," he gave a little laugh as he felt his wallet - it was feeling rather thin today.

"I'll be right out," Kiba gave him a little wave and watched the two walk down the street to a bench and plop down, chatting excitedly about ramen. He walked down the hall to the women's room, giving the door a light knock. "You all right, fox?" He called, hearing her sobbing from behind the door.

"Just fine," she responded quickly, trying to hide her sob. "I just really love his books," she lied, staying pressed up against the door.

"Oh, okay," Kiba gave the door a little pat, satisfied with her answer. "I'll see you at home," she nodded, forgetting Kiba couldn't see her.

"O-okay," she replied softly, listening to him walk away. You're such a coward.

-

Kitsune went to rub her eyes once again, the spot under her eyes beginning to burn from a mixture of crying and rubbing at her eyes. Sighing, she put her arms at her side and continued to walk towards Kiba's house, nearing the bench her and Kiba made their promise.

She had managed to slip out of the bathhouse before the other girls were done bathing, leaving a note telling them she was tired. Her eyes focused on the bench in the distance, seeing a gray blob lying on the bench.

"About time you got here," Kiba huffed as she approached, his eyes closed and his feet on the back of the bench, Akamaru sleeping on his stomach. "I've been waiting like, 10 whole minutes." she let out a little laugh, leaning up against the bench next to him.

"Why'd you wait?" Kiba shrugged, holding Akamaru against his stomach so he could sit up without pushing the dog off.

"You seemed upset," Kitsune held back a laugh, maybe the oblivious stare was a feature of all Leaf Shinobi. "What's wrong?" His eyebrow rose, staring at Kitsune intently.

"Nothing," he kept staring. "I said nothing's wrong, bonehead!" She gave Kiba a little push, breaking the suspicious stare he was giving her.

"Whatever you say," he sighed. "But I'll be around if you ever want to tell me," he stood, holding Akamaru in his arms like a baby. "I mean, we live in the same house, I'll figure it out." Her tail twitched, I doubt you could figure this out; she got up as well and stood next to Kiba.

"Thank you," she put her hand his shoulder, getting no snarky response immediately. "Let's get home," she gave him a little push, walking ahead and taking huge steps to avoid the cracks between the rocks that made up the pathway.

"Right," Kiba huffed, watching the area behind them intently. Was that Sasuke just now? Shaking his head, he followed Kitsune, watching her tail bounce with each large step.