Chapter 16: Sakon, Ukon, and the beasts.

The blood in her mouth tasted vile, but her body wasn't responding to her brain, the multiple attempts she'd made to spit out the blood failed. Her whole body was trembling, a mixture of adrenaline and fear pumping its way throughout her body.

"Get..." Kiba's pulled at her arm, but looking at him, Kitsune couldn't recognize the voice or the face.

"Don't touch me," she whispered, her motionless body being picked up.

"...Go!" Her brain was stuck on the acid in her mouth, desperately trying to spit it out, but the all too simple action proved too complicated for her. Kiba lifted her up, carrying her bridal style out of the clearing, wiping the stream of blood seeping from her mouth. "Hey," he whispered, the voice finally reaching Kitsune.

"Hey," she murmured, her hand finally responding to her cries and wiping the blood away.

"What was that all about?" He laughed, trying to hide the worried look he kept giving her, still moving rapidly through the forest.

"My tail," Kitsune's hand traveled downward, grasping at her tail, feeling more fur than there usually was on that tail. "...Two?" She whispered, tightening her grip on the bundle of fur, feeling two distinct trails of flesh covered in fur.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled, still keeping his head looking forward.

"Hang on," Shikamaru called from behind them, pulling a Kunai from his pack and etching a few words on a tree. Catch up soon. Naruto and Neji drew a kunai as well, writing words on the tree as well, and then Kiba followed. Hurry up! Don't take too long. Smell ya later!

Kitsune could feel tears welling up in her eyes, blinking them out before the rest of the team could see them. You guys... She watched the group exchange hopeful glances, their faith in Choji obvious, but that didn't stop them from worrying about him.

Dad... I've made a lot of friends. Her ears perked up, hearing Choji's voice ring throughout the forest, yet the others didn't seem to hear it. His heartbeat... she shivered, placing the same faith in him the rest of the group had. He'll make it. I believe in you, Choji!

"Okay, let's go," Shikamaru leapt back into the tree line, jumping from tree to tree with the group following. The group had ditched the formation for the time being, all sensing that the Sound Four were just up ahead. "Fall back a bit," he placed his hands together, transforming him into Jirobo.

The group stopped for a minute, counting to 10 before continuing to follow Shikamaru, which is exactly how long it took him to get discovered. Naruto jumped into action, getting himself caught almost immediately as well, the web like chakra trapping him and Shikamaru against a wall.

"Thanks for buying me time," Neji huffed, slicing the chakra thread in half. "Go on, I'll take this one."

"We can't-"

"If you stop now you won't be able to catch up to Sasuke," Neji interrupted, forcing Shikamaru to simply nod. He grabbing Naruto and leapt off into the tree line once more, Kiba and Kitsune following soon after.

"It seems like we're the last four," Kiba broke the tense silence in an attempt to lighten the mood, only dragging it down further.

"Choji and Neji will catch up soon," Naruto scoffed. "Just believe in them!"

Everyone... I'm counting on you all.

Kitsune's ears twitched, hearing Neji's voice in the air this time. No, no, she scolded herself, clenching her fists at her side. She looked back, seeing the two tails flowing behind her, still baffled as to why she grew another...

"They're close!" Kiba shouted, breaking Kitsune's self-exploration of her backside.

"Let's do this!" Naruto pumped his hand into the air, getting a weary glance from Shikamaru.

-

"Kiba!" Kitsune shouted, jumping down after him as he fell, seeing him land safely on his feet and immediately dash behind Sakon, getting punted effortlessly into the rock wall. "Hey!" She shouted, waving her arms in the air.

"What are you doing?" Kiba spat, noticing Kitsune had gotten the Shinobi's attention for a brief moment. "Gatsuuga!" Akamaru transformed into a clone of Kiba, shooting off into a different direction and rotating wildly, both him and Kiba aiming for Sakon.

"You underestimated us, trash!" Sakon shouted, Ukon waking from behind Sakon's head and sprouting his own body. I forgot how disgusting these two were, Kitsune mumbled to herself, dashing in closer to distract once more. "Activate level 2!" He shouted, throwing Kiba up against the wall once more.

"Hey asshole!" Kitsune picked up a rock, tossing it at the two conjoined Sound Four members, getting no response.

"Dynamic marking!" Kiba shouted, helping Akamaru up into the air and letting out a small laugh as he sprayed pee all of Sakon, instantly turning into a giant two headed dog.

"Holy..." Kitsune could only watch in awe as Kiba showed his serious side, clearly ready to kick ass. As Kiba came down onto the pair, they separated, growing limbs to make up for the ones Kiba had just taken from them.

"Where's the other one?!" Kiba shouted, parting from Akamaru and returning to his... human state.

"Looking for me?" Sakon hissed, the voice coming from next to Kiba.

"Get off of me!" Kiba shouted, swinging his fist towards Sakon's head, but getting stopped by Sakon.

"Ah, ah," he scolded, squeezing his wrist. "If you hurt me, you hurt yourself; we've connected at a cellular level now."

"Oh, yeah?" He withdrew a kunai, stabbing it into his stomach without hesitation. "You're coming down with me, then."