Chapter 4: Welcome to the Leaf... let's get ramen!

"So... you don't know where you're from?" Naruto walked next to Kitsune with his hands on the back of his head. She thought about how she should answer for a moment, knowing Orochimaru was well known amongst the nations... and well hated.

"No," she lied, twitching her tail. "My memory is hazy... it's been a stressful few days." That wasn't a lie, she thought sourly, looking straight ahead at the group of people chatting and laughing with each other.

"That stinks," Naruto patted her back roughly, pushing her forward awkwardly. "I'm from the Leaf Village," he smirked at her. "Now you will be, too!" She scoffed; I don't think they'll just let me join your village...

"Naruto quit your blabbing!" Kiba shouted from up ahead, receiving a smack on the back of the head.

"Quit your damn yelling!" Tsume yelled, kind of contradicting herself, but Kitsune had a feeling no one would call her on that.       

Kiba lagged back and walked on the other side of Naruto, giving Kitsune a few hostile glances every few minutes. She ignored it for the most part, flicking her ears every time Kiba looked at her to make sure he knew she was paying attention.

"Did I tell you I hate foxes?" Kiba piped up, a stupid grin crossing his face.

"Yeah, you did. Did I tell you I hate dogs?" Kitsune rolled her eyes as Kiba let out a snarky laugh.

"No one hates dogs, right Akamaru?" The dog barked in response, its tail wagging wildly.

"They stink, they use the bathroom wherever they want, they eat shoes... must I go on?" She shrugged, letting out a sigh.

"S-shut up, none of those are true!" Kiba clenched his fists at his side, his face turning beet red as Kitsune laughed.

"Guys..." Shikamaru called. "A little quiet, please?" His hands were still stuffed in his pockets, mimicking his father, walking like he'd just woken up.

"Don't mind him," Naruto whispered to Kitsune. "He thinks everything and everyone is troublesome, believe it!" She sidestepped as he sprayed saliva on her face, wiping it off with the back of her hand with a growl.

"Say it don't spray it," her tail hit Naruto's back lightly, catching him by surprise.

"Jeez, don't do that!" He smacked her shoulder playfully. It's nice to be able to joke around like this, she thought, smiling happily.

As the group came up to the Leaf Village gate, they were greeted by two Shinobi who glanced at Kitsune curiously, who paid no mind to the stares. She was appalled by the size of the gate, and was now just getting a glance of the village itself.

"Does... does she have a tail?" Figures, the fact I'm not from this village doesn't raise the alarm... my tail does. She watched as Tsume explained what happened, the two nodding their heads intently.

"Hey, let's go get ramen!" Naruto bumped fists with Kiba, who was more than happy to tag along on this ramen adventure.

"What's ramen?" Kitsune asked her face completely blank.

"Uh... what..." It took Naruto a minute to process the question, opening and shutting his mouth every few seconds. "NEVER HAD RAMEN?!" She shook her head, grabbing her tail and brushing it with her palm out of habit.

"I don't even know what it is..." She confessed, tightening her grip on her tail, awaiting another barrage of yelling from Naruto.

"Let's go get you some, then!" Naruto grabbed her hand, pulling her along way faster than she could walk, making it look like she was being abducted.

"Don't go too far, you little twits!" Tsume yelled, waving her hands after them.

"H-hey, slow down!" Kiba and Kitsune shouted together, letting out a sigh in unison as well. "Damnit stop copying me," Kiba growled, catching up with Naruto and Kitsune, who was still being dragged behind Naruto.

"You'll love ramen, believe it! We'll get Kakashi-sensei to pay for us..." Naruto was drooling profusely, still dragging Kitsune, who was given up and was just letting herself be dragged along the ground.

"Who's Ka-ka-shi?" Kitsune asked, drawing out his name and looking from Naruto to Kiba, noticing that Naruto was off in his own world.

"One of our teachers, he's really..." Kiba thought for a moment, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Different," he settled on that word, not sure what else would fit Kakashi. "Oh, he's already there!" Kiba pointed towards a shop ahead, a small line outside of it.

"Kakashi!" Naruto yelled, running towards the line waving his free arm, still dragging Kitsune behind him, her tail hidden underneath her.

"Oh hey, Naruto, Kiba..." He greeted the two of them, looking down at Kitsune. "Who's your friend?" Naruto let go of Kitsune, the whole top of her body hitting the ground and looking up towards Kakashi.

"Kitsune, nice to meet you," she lifted her hand from the ground, offering a handshake.

"Kakashi," he shook her hand, his one showing eyebrow raising. "I haven't seen you around the village before." Her hand plopped down onto the ground, her ears flicking as the people moved around on the ground.

"I just got here; Naruto dragged me all the way from the front gate to get ramen," she was intrigued by the mask Kakashi was wearing, clearly preventing him from being able to eat anything.

"Yeah, Kakashi, you're buying!" Kakashi sighed, his hand hitting his forehead roughly. Kitsune jumped up, brushing her butt off then running her hand over her tail, completely oblivious to the stares she was receiving.

"Hm, Naruto?" Kakashi pointed towards Kitsune's tail. "Why does your friend have a tail?"

"Because she wants ramen," he answered, jumping up and down with Kiba as people began leaving the shop.

"That doesn't even-"    

"RAMEN!" He let out a battle cry and launched himself into the stall as a seat freed up, ordered 'the usual' immediately and watching with wide eyes as his order was cooked. Three more seats freed up, letting the rest of the group walk in and order.

"That's an interesting hair color," Kitsune joked, pointing at Kakashi's head.

"That's an interesting tail," Kakashi countered, pointing at Kitsune's tail.

"Hm, you got me," she shrugged, wagging her tail. "You aren't as surprised as most people have been," Kakashi thanked the man as he put a bowl of ramen in front of both of them.

"Heh, it's not that unusual after years of being a Shinobi," he took a big slurp of the noodles, sighing and letting out a puff of steam from the noodles. Now that I think about it... the older people weren't that surprised by it, she smiled, maybe I can live here! W-wait, how did he eat those noodles?!

"Another!" Naruto screamed from next to her, getting thumbs up from the man behind the counter.

"Oh, my wallet... it's screaming in pain..." Kakashi mumbled, hanging his head. Kitsune sniffed the ramen, bending down and licking the soup.

"It's delicious!" She nudged Naruto as she shoveled the noodles into her mouth, getting a shove back as Naruto shoveled food into his mouth.

"Why me?!" Kakashi cried dramatically, throwing his hands in the air.