71

this isnt really a rant and all of this is gonna be spaced out weird bc im writing this on my laptop bare with me

also its late if i make typos dont come after me

so recently i'd been re-evaluating friendships and i just wanna put a few things out into the world

1 - you don't have to be friends with someone who is emotionally draining. if someone constantly stresses you out by doing stupid things or starting drama you don't have to stick with them. i have wasted so much of my time on those sort of people but now i'm done. fuck that.

2 - you don't have to always constantly be there for people. my mental state is very fragile sometimes and sometimes i get very upset for no reason so when someone comes to tell me about their problems while i'm like that its very very hard to try help them. but i realised that i don't have to feel bad for not being able to give them advice and help them all the time.

3 - people who try and one-up you don't deserve your time. a recent example of this is when i started talking about going to a summer camp thingy away from home (which is very expensive and right now my family is tight for money) and the girl i was talking to started to shit on my excitement and tell me about her family holiday she was excited about. it made me feel like crap to be honest. like yeah, obviously i would have been happy for her if she hadn't told me that my summer sounded boring. another example, i went to a friend for some advice, and i know about all the other points i've mentioned so don't bite me, but instead of telling me how to get over the problem they began to tell me how easy my life is and tell me how shit theirs is. it pissed me off.

4 - people who talk badly about things you love just to piss you off need to be gotten rid of. asap.

so thats all. if you have any friendship wisdom please share!! lo b glue x