Past Lives

Past Lives.
" So save that heart for me
Cause girl you know that you're my destiny
Swear to the moon, the stars, the sons and the daughters
Our love is deeper than the oceans of water."

I turned and raised an eyebrow. " It doesn't matter, does it? Either way, we're just friends, you said so yourself."

He frowned and almost immediately I wished I hadn't said anything. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from apologizing.

" I apologize for pushing you away. " He ducked his head and his shoulder length hair acted as a curtain between us, blocking his face from my view." This made me realize that what I feel for you won't go away, and I'm so sorry for saying I didn't care about you. That was a lie."

I let my arms fall limply to my sides and continued to watch him.

He let out a breath slowly, tilting his head back to look at the sky. There were no stars nor could you see the moon but he stared at it anyway.

" I guess it's always been you." He whispered before raising his voice," You've always been there. It could be written in the stars, you and me."

" I love you." He finally looked away from the night sky and into my eyes. " I've loved you since I was 15 and you were 14 and you thought beauty was the color of your eyes and the number on a scale. I don't think I'll ever stop loving you."

My face broke out into a shy smile and my cheeks burned. I reached for his hand and intertwined our fingers." I knew you just needed a little push."

His eyes widened in shock before he let out a deep laugh. I joined him then wrapped my arms around his neck before whispering into his neck," I love you."