You Find Out Who Your Friends Are

A/N: Yes that is a Tim McGraw song. Look it up. lol I like it :P even if it is...kind of old xD Its amazing(:

Anyways...enjoy :P You get to find out who Justins friends are...(see wat i did there..im amazing xDD)

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I got out of bed, and slipped on my school shirt and a pair of jeans. I looked at my hair in the mirror, and ran a comb through it. I smiled at the thought of walking Avery to her first day of school.

I grabbed my gray hat before walking out of my bedroom, books in hand. As I walked past the front door, a soft knock was played on the outside of the door. I paused, and opened the door. Avery smiled at me.

"Hey." she greeted. "Your Mom invited me for breakfast." She took a step in and I shut the door behind her. She looked around at her surroundings, and smiled.

"Your house is so adorable." she said. I smiled.

"Thanks?" I asked.

"AVery!" Mom yelled, walking into the living room from the kitchen. She threw her arms around Avery in a hug, and Avery smiled.

"Hey." she said, smiling. "Thanks for inviting me." she said.

"No problem!" Mom said. "Breakfast on the table." Mom walked back into the kitchen, and I escorted Avery to the table.

"Eat up!" Mom said as she slipped her apron off her waist, and tossed it onto the dryer. She began cleaning as I reached for my first pancake.

"Prayer!" Mom yelled. I put the pancake back down, and put my hands together. Avery did the same, and smiled as we said grace.

"now eat." Mom said. I grabbed my pancake and began eating. Avery giggled at me, and took a bite of her pancake.

"These are so good." she said, looking over at Mom. She smiled, and bent down to pick up something she dropped onto the floor.

After eating, I finished getting ready, and Avery stood by the door waiting paciently. I walked into the living room to see Avery gazing at a picture of me when I was three on the T-Ball team.

"You looked so adorable." she said as I walked up behind her.

"Thanks." I said. "Wait..I looked?"

Avery giggled. "You still are." she touched my cheek, and I smiled.

"Lets go." I said as a moment of silence settled between us. "See you Mom!" I yelled as Avery and I ran outside.

"Gosh." Avery said, zipping her jacket up all the way, and popping her hood over her head, like last night. "Why is it so cold?"

I shrugged. "It's Novemeber." Avery groaned. "Where are you from anyways?"

"New York." she answered.

"Isn't it cold there too?" I asked.

"Not as cold." Avery said.

"Or maybe your just a baby." I muttered. Avery heard me, and slapped my arm.

"Your a jerk." she said. "I'm not a baby!" I busted out laughing, and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"Let me warm you up." I said, pulling her closer to me. She smiled, and wrapped her arm around my waist. I looked at her as her smile widened.

"I feel much better." she said. "Thanks best friend." My heart gave a small leap as she said 'Best Friend.' I hadn't been called that in a long, long time.

It felt good to hear it coming from Avery's lips.

"No problem best friend." I said, smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------