You Don't Know What It's Like

"Get up Justin." My mom tears the blankets off my body, exposing my bare chest to the cool temperatures of my room.

"Mom!" I yell, annoyed and pissed that she woke me early on a Saturday. "What the hell?"

"I want you to see something outside." she says, pulling me up. I stumble out of my bed, and onto my feet, slipping on my shoes. Mom tosses me a jacket, and throws the front door open. I step through, wrapping the jacket tightly around my bare upper-half, and throw the hood over my head. I saw Grandma and Grandpa in the front yard, starring at the front of the house, eyes wide.

"What are you looking at?" I ask once I get into the yard. I turn to look up at the house, and my stomach drops to the floor.

"What the hell.." I mutter under my breath. Someone's egged, and rolled my house. Toilet paper, an empty egg carton, and a bottle of black spray paint sits on the front porch, next to the front door.  The words: Move To The States! Canada Doesn't Want Gaywads!

My mom crosses her arms, and turns to look at me. "Any idea why this happened, Justin?" she asks, "Or who did it?" I knew exactly who did this, and why they did it, but like any natural teenage guy, I keep my feelings and thoughts to myself.

"No idea." I lie. "Maybe they got the wrong house."

"I think they got the right house." Mom cuts. "And I think your not telling me something." she moves infront of me, and places her arms gently onto my shoulders.

"What is going on at school, Justin?" she asks calmly. "Why are you getting suspended all of a sudden. Why are you so mad?" I shrug, and Mom sighs.

"Is it at me?"

"No!" I yell, walking backwards. It did have something to do with her. It had something to do with everyone on this earth, in this town, in my school.

Everyone. Including me.

Why have I not told anyone? If I would have told a teacher, or a principal that people were picking on me over something that my mom cancelled, then they would have stopped it! None of this would have happened, and if it did..

I'd have the guts to tell my mom who it was....

Mom crosses her arms across her chest. "Is it my fault? Why can't you just say that, Justin? I know how horrible it is to go to school-"

"No you don't." I say, cutting her off. "You don't know what its like!"

"Justin..." she says quietly. "Trust me, I've been there..."

"When has your mom pulled the plug on your dreams all because it didn't feel right?" I ask. I could tell, just by the look on Mom's face, just how hard that hit her. Her lips form into a straight line, and she walks away.

I groan, feeling instantly guilty for saying that to her, but at the same time mad because that's probably what she wanted. She was asking for it! She shouldn't have pressed me!

At least now she knows.

"Justin.." Granddad says, placing  a hand on my shoulder. I roll my shoulder, pushing his hand off. I was too ashamed to even look at anyone in my family. Knowing how much I just hurt my mom, and by being so pissed off, I don't think I'll ever look my family in the eyes ever again.

I'm not talking to anyone anymore about this I decide as I walk back into the house, and back into my room, They'll only get their feelings hurt...

Around eleven, I walk back outside, trash bags in hand, ready to clean up my wrecked-up yard. People pass, and stare, and I wave them on.

When I was done, Grandpa walks outside. I unlock my I-Pod, and turn up the volume of my music, drowing out everything my Grandpa was saying to me.

Besides..I'm sure it had something to do with my mom.

Srry short chapter (really short) lol I hve to go to church, so..I'll post a longer chapter either when i get home or tomorrow, okay? Luv u!! :DD Enjoy the amount I posted

Updated: July 06, 2012