Chapter 13

It was warm and sunny when Adam was called back into consciousness, stirring awake to a glowy and cozy feeling.
His eyes opened to see the familiar sea of white that was Ty's shirt, and he sighed inwardly, at peace. He slowly lifted his head up from the warm surface underneath him, seeing that sunlight was peeking through the window. He smiled and wriggled down under the folds of the giant's shirt, wrapping the fabrics around him to cover himself up.

Adam sighed softly once more and closed his eyes, slipping into a blissful doze; he hadn't had a nightmare after he confessed to Ty how he had gotten the scars on his back. Come to think of it, he hadn't worried about whatever he did that usually pissed Martin off possibly angering Ty. He usually fretted about his actions, sometimes regretting them. But Ty had always kept his cool; he'd speak reassuringly and keep a quiet volume of voice to not deafen Adam. He'd always leap to Adam's defense no matter the odds, and always consider the human's safety.

The surface under him shifting pulled Adam back into the waking world, but he kept his eyes closed and remained still as Ty woke up. The giant let out a loud-- for Adam-- yawn and stretched where he lay. Adam felt those blood red eyes rest on him, and he heard the giant give a soft chuckle. Adam felt a large finger gently stroke his back, and he fidgeted, burrowing deeper under his "covers" in hopes of falling back asleep, not wanting to be moved.

"... You awake?" Ty murmured. It sounded more like rumbling to Adam, but nevertheless the human sheepishly peeked out of his hiding place.

"... No..." He lied admittingly. Ty chuckled and laid back again, continuing to gently rub his tiny friend's back.

"It's ok, you can go back to sleep," he soothed. Adam yawned and nuzzled his massive friend's finger, smiling softly as he hugged the large digit. Ty lifted his head again in inquiry as Adam mounted the finger, as if merely riding a horse. He grinned and chuckled in humor, lifting the human up and drawing him closer to the head of the bed. He held his hand just above his chin, and Adam slid off, settling down on his cheek. Ty purred at the slight weight of the human on his skin, relieved that Adam trusted him enough to get so close like this... Confessing what had happened to him really must be working.

"So... Sleep well?" Ty breathed, trying to not move Adam too much. Adam let his head rest down on his friend, finding the gentle vibrations of the voice of his friend actually quite reassuring.

"Mm-hmm," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Good... Good." Ty stifled a yawn, and Adam could feel the muscles under him shifting, not thinking about how much stronger they were than him. Instead, he nuzzled the warm giant, and Ty smiled with a deep-throated purr.

"So where's Jason and Ian?" Adam pondered. Ty made a sort of grunting noise and started sitting up, pausing only to gently peel Adam off his face and hold the human to his chest like a fragile doll.

"They took the couches," he replied, yawning again. Adam gave him a curious look.

"Were you up all night?" He worried.

"Not really... Giants don't need sleep." Ty rubbed his eyes, shifting his grip on Adam to keep the human from falling out. "No idea why I'm so tired..." He sighed. Adam fidgeted a little, clinging to one of the fingers that held him.

"Maybe giants can just last a long while without sleep?" He suggested. "And it's finally catching up to you?" Ty shrugged.

"Maybe," he mumbled. He got up and carried Adam to the kitchen, setting him down on the table before setting to work on making breakfast. Adam had quickly grown bored, so he climbed down and made his way to the living room, smirking when he saw that Jason was the closest of the two asleep giants. Covering up his mischievous giggles with his hand, he scampered across the carpet and climbed up the couch with the draping blanket, grinning innocently.