Chapter 7

Adam slowly crawled forward,his eyes staring straight forward as he pressed himself down on the surface beneath him. His gaze was fixed on a single, tiny grape, perched on the edge of a plate and calling out to him. His stomach growled softly to remind him of his hunger, and he cast his eyes side to side, wary of any danger.

He suddenly picked himself up and ran forward, homemade rope in hand as he threw one end over the side of the cabinet he stood on, tying the other end around a handle and sliding down. He glanced back, then swung and sprang, rolling to break his fall and darting forward, his jacket billowing behind him like a cape. He pulled off his jacket and fixed it around the chair's leg, securing the sleeves and using it to gradually climb up the wooden obstacle, looking around yet again for any danger that lurked in the moonlit darkness.

He climbed over the edge and put his jacket back on, running up to the back of the chair and doing a wall kick to grab the edge of the table. He slipped and was left with one hand, gasping silently and kicking a little before regaining his grip and pulling himself up. He rolled onto the table with a breathless sigh of relief, getting up with a pant and scampering over to the plate. He hopped onto the cold surface, freezing when his shoes clacked against the hard dish. He crept forward, dropping to his knees and crawling to his prize.

He smiled weakly in relief and grabbed the grape, about to turn around when the lights were flicked on, and he froze.

"Hmm, what do we have here?" A voice mused. Adam sprang to his feet and dashed forward, clutching the grape to his chest as he fled. His heart raced in his chest as he jumped off the edge of the table, landing winded on another chair, but he was back on his feet instantly. He dove off the chair in time to avoid a large hand swiping at him, and he landed with a thump on the floor, gasping breathlessly in pain. He dragged himself to his feet and kept running, heading to the kitchen and grabbing the rope, swinging. He landed on a horizontal handle, then jumped again, dodging another grab for him as he fumbled on the counters.

He grabbed the grape again and took off, going for a sheltered space of utilities when he was suddenly jerked back, and he gasped as he dropped his prize, as he was yoinked up  high into the air. He yelped and squirmed, but knew it was too late as he was met with blood red eyes, and he froze, slowly going limp as he awaited his fate.

"Gotchya," Ty purred playfully, setting the human down in the center of his palm. Adam pouted good-naturedly, sighing and folding his arms over his chest as he flopped down and sat cris-cross.

"I was so close!" Adam whined. "It was right there, I almost reached the toaster!"

"Yeah, that jacket kinda left you vulnerable though." Ty eyed the human's precious piece of clothing, which Adam promptly clutched onto.

"I'm not getting rid of it, if that's what you're thinking," he growled. The giant sighed and shrugged a little, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Well, simulation or not, that chase left me pretty hungry," he commented, setting Adam down in his chest pocket. Adam hesitantly slid off his friend's soft hand and into the small stuffy dark space, feeling Ty move as he got comfortable.

"Do I still get that grape?" He meeped. Ty laughed.

"Nah, I'll find ya something better," he chuckled, getting something out of the fridge. Adam fidgeted a little before leaning against one wall of fabric, listening for a moment before smiling. As odd as it was, being able to hear the giant's breathing and heartbeat was so calming, especially since he was starting to be more at ease with his friend's new size.

His body heat was starting to make Adam drowsy as well when two fingers reached into his confined space and gently pulled him back out, and he looked up sleepily as Ty set him down on the table.