My four pups and I : Chapter 7 (Part 2)

Adam’s POV

“If you’re ever in trouble or need help, I’m here for you. Always. Just call out Adam.” I look into Nadeen’s eyes once more before leaving a kiss on her forehead. I reluctantly back away and smile sadly. I know her name and we kissed. It’s a start. My human form turns into a large wolf and I jump out of the window. My claws sink into the tree bark and I cautiously make my way down. The power my mate has over me will lead to our undoing. Nadeen pushes and I back away. I fear that if she keeps denying me, I’ll go along with it and never come back. If she wants me to leave, I will. Even if it tears me apart, because that’s what you do when you love someone. I’ll respect my loves wishes. I hate that Nadeen ignores our bond, but I’ve got to belive that she has a good reason. I know this must hurt her as much as it does for me. So, why would she dismiss it? Is she scared? And if so, of what? I can help her, protect her. She must need help with the children. All these thoughts jump around in my head, as I walk to my house. Not wanting to face my family, I decide to climb up the fence and come in from my window. It’s a piece of cake but the real problem is when I enter my room.

“I’ve been expecting you…” A voice says and adds an evil laugh at the end. I roll my eyes and pull my right leg from outside the window. A young man is eating gummy bears in a chair at the other end of my room. Who keeps giving him candy?!?

“Get out of my room, Trevor.” I tell him, annoyed. He stands up from the computer chair and jumps on my bed.

“No. I’m staying here to make sure my big brother is okay.” To annoy me even more, Trevor begins repeatedly jumping on my bed and it makes all my blankets fall off.

“Stop jumping on my bed and I’m fine.” My little brother goes still and flashes me his hyper smile. I walk over to my drawer and take out a pair of boxer shorts.

“Hmm yeah I’m sure.” He tells me sarcastically. Dang, he knows me to well.

“So, where were you?” Trevor asks me and there’s a hint of playfulness in his voice.

“What do you mean?” I ask genuinely confused and pull on my underwear from under the robe.

“Your wearing a pink shower robe.” He tells me flatly.

“Yeah , so?” I shrug it off, even though I’m nervous on the inside. He hops off the bed and walks over to me with his hands on his hips.

“Well, you didn’t have it when you left and plus I’m pretty certain it’s not yours.” Trevor lifts an eyebrow and I take off the soft fabric. I push past him and fix my bed before lying under the covers. He suddenly squeals and runs over and jumps on me. I let out a groan in pain and glare at my little brother.

“It’s your mates robe, isn’t it!” He lets out another squeal of excitement and I once again roll my eyes.

“Get your big butt off me!” I growl at him, purposely dodging the subject. I push the boy off me and he rolls off the bed, and then falls to the floor. He pouts and gives me his best puppy dog eyes. I sigh and sit up, patting the spot beside me. Trevor smiles brightly and sits beside me, tucking his feet under his legs.

“So, who is she?” He asks a bit bothered that I haven’t opened up to him.

“Her names Nadeen.” I let out softly and a curious look appears on his face. I look at him questionably and he shrugs.

“It’s just that I recently met someone with the same name and she has the cutest little babies in the world!” He giggle but then his eyes grow big.

“Does your mate have four children?” He’s a bit cautious asking the question and I nod slowly.

“Your Nadeen’s mate!” He shouts and his smile widens up to his ears. My immature brother then dances around the room, yelling “yay”. I tackle him to the carpeted floor and cover his mouth with my hand.

“Be quiet!” I whisper harshly. “ Mom and dad might hear you.” He rolls his eyes and squirms under me.

“Geff opf me.” My hand muffles his voice but I understand and stand up.  For some reason he decides to stay on the grown and crosses his legs.

“Why did you freak out when we congratulated you earlier?” He asks and looks up at me expectantly. I run my hand through my hair and fall onto my bed.

“Because she doesn’t want me.” The words escape my lips quietly and I don’t think Trevor heard me.

“What?” He asks moving closer and puts his hand behind his ear.

“ She doesn’t want me!” I say louder and my heartaches. His eyes grow big and then sadden.

“Aww, why?” He lies on his back beside me and turns his head in my direction. I shrug helplessly and face Trevor.

“For some reason, Nadeen has decided to ignore our bond and I can’t do anything about it.” I tell him solemnly and we lapse into a calming silence.

“I have an idea!” Trevor exclaims sitting up and I lazily look at him.

“Well, first you’re going to have to send her gifts! As in, flowers, chocolates and other romantic items. Then once she thinks you’re sweet and thoughtful. I, will drop by her house, to lets say help her out with the kids and get the 411 on her. Like how Nadeen feels about you and where she stands with this mate thing, then I will report back to you!” Trevor smiles brightly and taps himself on the back.

“I’m good aren’t I?” He grins. “So what do you think?”

“I, eh, well isn’t it a bit like we’re spying on Nadeen? I don’t think I feel comfortable agreeing to this… I mean what if she finds out and gets mad at us?”

“Come one, live a little! You want her to be with you don’t you? You want to hold her in your arms at night and kiss her good morning, right?” My little brother asks me with a dreamy look on his face and I sheepishly nod.

“Then it’s settled, I will play match maker! Because you two will be together, if it’s the last thing I do.“ He jumps off the bed excitingly and grabs his bag full of gummy bears.

“Good night, my dear brother!” He then runs out of my room and shuts the door. I smile shaking my head and crawl tiredly under my covers. I hope this ends well…

--------

I just want to give a BIG shout out to EVERYONE who has fanned! I thank you so much for supporting me :)

So, what did you think of this chapter/part? Do you think Trevors plan is a good idea? Do you forgive me for taking so long to upload...? Please support this story by fanning/commenting/voting! Please and thank you! :D