My four pups and I : Chapter 2

“No,” I say sternly.

“But mama,” Layla whines and tears fill her eyes. She’s holding an expensive Barbie doll that she found on our way to the food aisle. I absolutely hate seeing my little girl sad but I don’t have the extra money. Joel groan’s, I kiss his head and he goes back to sleep in the baby carrier.

“I’m sorry, maybe next time. Okay baby?” I bend down to wipe a tear with my thumb and she nods.

“I love you Layla,” I hold Joel against my chest while I crouch to kiss her forehead and take her small hand. I place her in the first seat of the three child stroller, with Vincent and Gabe. Pushing the stroller with one hand and holding a basket with the other, I walk towards the fruit. After getting all the essentials, we head over to the cash register. The older women bags our food and then tells someone to help me. A boy, around the age of 16 takes the bags. He has brown hair that’s a little spiked in front and dark brown eyes. But more importantly he is a werewolf. The male’s sent is as noticeable as a black marker on white paper.

“Hi, my name’s Trevor,” he sticks out his hand and I stop to shake.

“Nadeen,” I tell him and we walk out of the store.

“So, where’s your car?” He asks looking around.

“I live close and walked, I can get there on my own.” I put my hand out for the bags but Trevor just smiles and pulls the plastic bags out of my reach.

“No, no, I’ll walk you home. What kind of man would I be if I didn’t help out a young lady?” He grins and I let out a chuckle.

“Don’t you have to work” I ask nodding to the building.

“That was my last shift, I’m done for the day,” Trevor informs me happily and his joy is contagious.

“Alright,” I shrug smiling and lead the way.

“So, Nadeen what pack do you belong to?” Trevor asks, breaking the silence.

“I’m a lone wolf,” I tell him looking down, a bit ashamed. He stops and stars at me. I feel a bit uncomfortable and express it.

“I’m sorry,” he tells me, shaking his head. “It’s just that I’ve never met a lone she-wolf before.” I can understand where the young wolf is coming from, it’s not often you’ll find a lone female. Lone wolfs are usually males, who chose to leave the pack. I guess it’s because most she-wolfs find their mates and then live with them. I learned from my grand father that the longer it takes a male to find his true love, the more their social status descends. It’s highly frowned upon in some packs and very embarrassing. The average age of mating is 16. I’m way past that.

“Yeah, well I was born into a human family and never had a pack,” I say leaving out the part about my family dying and living in an orphanage for three years. I don’t want any pity.

“I can ask my alpha if you could join us, the Green Woods pack, if you want?” He asks me as we continue walking.

“That’s very kind and generous of you but I’m fine living without one.” He looks a bit disappointed but still smiles. For the rest of the way there, I listen to him telling me about pranks he did to his older brother. I don’t mind at all that he’s the one sharing his life and listen amused. He’s really open with me and I can’t seem to stop laughing. Trevor gives off this joyful vibe and is a pretty cool teenager.

“Anyways,” he says when we arrive at my door.” If you ever need a babysitter when you’re at work or want to go out with your boyfriend,” he winks, smirking and assumes that I have one. “Call me and I’ll be happy to help. The pack doesn’t live far from here and plus your babies are so cute!”  I let out a laugh and Trevor takes out a small piece of paper from his pocket. After writing his number down, he hands me it.

“Thanks for helping me,” I say while opening my door.

“No problem. Till next time, madame.” He curtsies and then jogs away giggling. I can’t help but laugh at his silliness and wonder…can a werewolf be gay?

------------------

I'm sorry it's short but i wanted to give you guys something :)

Pleas comment and I will upload faster. :D :D :D