My four pups and I : Chapter 3

Pic of Adam ------->>

Chapter 3

 “Thank you so much, Jeanne and have a nice day.” I yell as I rush out her door.

“No problem and you too,” she shouts back. I run down the stairs and keep on going until I arrive at the restaurant. I’m out of breath when I enter Michelle’s Cuisine, a small building at the end of my street.  I let my boss know I’m here and put on an apron. After saying hello to the chef, I take out my note pad and pen, and get to work. Michelle’s Cuisine is a small French restaurant that sells exquisite lunches and cute little deserts. It always has a sweet sent of coffee and frosting. It’s furnished by small round tables and a single rose decorates them each. The walls are painted a beige-ish pink colour and it fills the room with a warm feeling.

Daily costumers come in and converse. During my shift, I can’t help but look out the window. The dark trees shadow over fresh green grass and the sun shines brightly. I imagine myself laying in the middle of the forest in wolf form and soaking in the natural warmth. My wolf wines, wanting to go out for a run but I push her down. I decide that I’ll take the kids out in the woods later. Hours pass, meals are served then finally it’s 4 pm and I leave quickly.

“Hey Nadeen, come on in!” Jeanne exclaims and pulls me inside. Her long auburn curls bounce, as she runs in to the living room. One by one each of my babies run over to me and I get on my knees to hug them. I squeeze them lovingly and kiss their foreheads.

“We go home?” Gabe asks, tugging my sleeve.

“Yup,” I grab the baby bag and their coats.

“I’ll see you tomorrow and you’ll get your money once I get my pay check.” I tell her, as I take Joel in my arms and place him on my hip.

“How many times do I have to tell you? I babysit for free, I love them and they keep me company.” She persuades me and I smile gratefully.

“I love you Jeanne, thank you so much.” I hug her with one arm and she pats my back.

“Be nice and listen to your mom, okay guys?” She tells the four of them and ruffles their hair. They each nod and hug her.

“Thank you again Jeanne and have a good afternoon.” I say, as we make our way out the door.

“No problem and you too. Bye.” She says, closing the door behind us. We make our way across the hall and into the apartment. I set Joel down and they run off into the kitchen. After placing the bag and their coats beside the door, I follow them.

“Mama, me thirsty.” Gabe tells me and pouts. I smile, bend down and ask him if he’d like some apple jus.

“Yes, pwease!” He answers happily and the others jump in also asking for a drink. While they sip from their cups, I ask them if they’d like to go play in the woods.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” They yell and practically bounce in their spots. I can’t help but smile and then clap my hands.

“Ok, well chop chop. We better get going.”

They rush to the door and, almost trip in the progress but get ready quickly.

Not too long after, we step on the fresh grass and shift. You can never predict when a werewolf will have their first shift. Usually, the change would happen at a young age but in some cases, like mine, it hits late. My pups shifted only a few days after they were born. It didn’t hurt since their bones were prepared for such a dramatic switch.

‘Mama, we run now?’ Vincent asked me mentally, almost impatiently. I grin and bark a yes. Our wolves howl in glee and we take off running. I keep an eye on by babies but enjoy soaring through the trees, as much as they do.  The five of us then jog over into an unfamiliar part of the forest, beside a stream. A little out of breath, I guide them towards the water. They all sip big quantities of water and fill up their small stomachs. I drink slowly, savouring the sweet natural liquid. The water is often polluted these days. We are very lucky to have found such a clean supply. As they quench their thirst, I kill a small brown rabbit that was hanging around the stream. They happily run over and thank me, before enjoying their little snack. Moments later, Layla, Vincent and Gabe are playing tag and rolling in the grass. While, I lay against a log and watch them, as Joel cuddles into me. I lick the top of his little head and he barks cheerfully. I sigh with content and relax, watching them play. This is the one moment where I am most at peace.

Adam’s POV

The beautiful classical piano music fills my ears and my heart can’t help but swell a bit. Everything is silent, apart from the notes coming out of the CD player and it’s very calming. I don’t often get peace and quiet. I’m usually training, hunting or getting yelled at. These are the sweet and harmonious moments I look forward to, while I’m getting down and dirty with the other wolves. Soothing and tranquil moments, when I can just let go and free my mind. Put all the disappointed, pitiful, mocking faces in the background and focus on simply breathing.

“Adam! Mom and dad want to see you down in his study!” My extremely loud and annoying brother yells, while he pounds constantly on my door. I clench my fists and tell myself to breath in and out. After turning off the music, I stomp over to my door and open it harshly.

“Must you be so loud?” I ask irritated. He stands frozen, with his hand still in mid air from pounding but then smiles.

“Sorry bro. I’ll remember that next time.” Trevor says all hyper and skips away. I swear I will hurt the person who keeps giving him candy. He’s always so jumpy and excited. It’s completely exhausting. Plus the kid is always pulling pranks on me. He finds it funny but I sure as hell don’t. He is seventeen, you would think he’d be a bit more mature.

“Oh what do they want know,” I mutter and make my way downstairs. Parents. Actually I won’t even get started on them.

“Yes, oh dearest mother and father?” I ask sarcastically when I enter the room and sit in a chair. My dad, Malcolm, is standing behind his desk, with my mom, Sandra, beside him. I have my mom’s hair colour but my dad’s eyes and face structure. They’re both beautiful people but annoy me to no end.  My dad rolls his eyes at my sarcasm.

“Son, we have brought you down here to talk about something very important…” He starts, like every time.

“And we only pester you about this so much because we love you.” Mom finishes, as done before.

“We want you to be happy, so therefore we ask again,” Dad says.

“Have you found your mate?” We all say in unison. I smirk as they look at me tiredly. We’ve had this talk some many times.

“Your mother and I aren’t joking, Adam.” My dad tells me angrily. “ We’ve been supportive and understanding in the past but it’s long over do now. Do you know how humiliating it is for us to have a twenty-one year old son, who hasn’t mated yet!” He shouts and I look down, felling as if he’d stabbed me.

“We aren’t taken seriously and they make a mocking out of this family! How do you expect me to teach a class of arrogant wolves to fight, if they consider my son weak? You don’t even act like you want one! Do you want to be considered below everyone and alone for the rest of your life!” He shouts, banging on his desk or affect.

“Malcolm.” My mom says gently and rubs his arms. Tears of rage form, my hands clench into fist and I growl.

“How dare you say that!” I yell to my father, standing up.

“How dare you think that I don’t want to find her!” I point my finger at him.

“You don’t know how hard it is, to see every one around you in love, while you know nothing of the feeling. You don’t know how lonely it is knowing your other half is out there, but not with you! I’ve looked for her, believe me I have, it’s not my fault I haven’t found her!” I grab the chair and throw it at the wall. It shatters in little pieces and my mother gasps. Tears stream down my face. I am beyond angry. But most of all, I’m sad and hurt that they’re so disappointed in me.

“I do want to find her, I really do want to be in love.” I start sobbing and my mom comes over to me.

“No! I’m going to be alone for the rest of my life!” I shout, pushing her away and rush out of the house. I whip my tears and shift. I hear my parents calling me but I run into the forest, away from all the disappointment. The wind through my fur doesn’t sooth, like it usually does and I stop. My anger is now gone but replaced with sadness and hopelessness.  I can’t believe I lost it like that. I never cry! Show’s how weak I am. What girl would look much less love a guy like me?

-----------------------

I'm so sorry it took so long. I hope you all can forgive me and don't give up on this story. :D

So...what did you think? I love me some comments :P