Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN 🌿

pic of Queen Tabrina

... not the only healer in existence

Amanti's words echoed in my mind. I couldn't believe what she just said. Could it be true? Havens I hoped she was telling the truth. It would the most amazing thing in the world to meet another healer. For years I've felt alone. My gift made me stand out like a sore thumb. It drove me insane how the people exploited it.

Maybe meeting a fellow healer could help me cope with the gift. Until then I had to find the orb of Arekticus for it was my only hope to living in peace and harmony.

Amanti opened the pure white carved doors that led in the court. My eyes widened when I saw the inside of the grand room. She clasped her hand to mine then pulled me inside.

Goodness me, it was unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. The marbled floor, walls and columns. The branched patterns carved into in columns flared upon the vaulted ceiling. There were flower shaped platforms on either side of the path that led straight to the throne. And atop of those platforms were sitting areas occupied by the almost godly beings clad in opulent regalia.

They chatted merrily to each other, sipping from their golden goblets. A group of musicians played their instruments at the entrance. They played an enchanting melody, faces alight with contentment. A crystal chandelier hung elaborately from the ceiling. Pearly shell shaped basins were mounted on the walls capturing the water that fell from the ceiling. Light spheres hovered in the air making the court appear magical.

We finally arrived at the throne. I stared at the lady who sat on the throne in a heavy red gown adorned with gold armor pieces along the bodice and shoulders, and white fur lining from the slits that revealed her ivory toned legs to the bottom,and the high flared collar of feathers. A crown of a golden bird with its wings spread widely and roses with branches coiling through the roses adorned her head.

Everything about her was flawless. Her oval face framed with pale pink hair that fell all the way to her hips. Her narrow nose and small pouty lips, along with her amber orbs made her look almost ethereal. She looked delicate like a flower but her sharp stare gave away the power that she had. Though delicate in appearance she was not to be played with. It was why she was Queen in the first place.

Amanti curtsied to the Queen while I just stood there like I was a lost cub. The Queen smiled a little, her stare directed at me. Amanti righted herself and greeted the Queen. I on the other hand was too nervous to utter a word.

" My Queen, I present to you, lady Somanca the healer of Tellus, " said Amanti gesturing to me.

" You and your companions are welcome, healer and I do hope my people have treated you well so far. I am Queen Tabrina of the Saëna Plutron court, " she said.

I gave a timid curtsy," Thank you, your highness. "

" From what I've gathered, you come from far. What has brought you so far from home?" she asked curiously.

" For many years I've kept my village safe from all those who wished us harm by erecting a barrier around it. I've grown weak from healing all the time and that has put a strain on the barrier. I seek the orb of Arekticus so that the village elders could aid me in healing. This is the only way I'll live to see generations of my people. It may seem like I'm selfish but I've grown tired of living like a dairy cow, always being drained for selfish reasons.

"I've experienced every pain imaginable. While I'm grateful for my gift, it has become a burden to me," I explained sadly.

She nodded seemingly understanding if my situation. " We have the orb of Arekticus but before I can give it to you I want you to stay a few days learning from our healer, Kymil. I'm certain you'll be rich with the healing knowledge when you go back home. "