Epilogue

I hadn't anticipated that I would find myself walking down the isle for the second time in my life and yet this time I couldn't wait to be bonded to the one waiting for me at the end of the isle who's gaze never shifted from mine.

I felt tied to her in ways that could not be explained. She was my anchor, my light. And I appreciated her for not rushing my healing process, for keeping me sane and reminding me each day of her undying love for me.

I personally would have preferred to have an intimate ceremony with close friends but it couldn't be done my way given whom she was. And despite how uncomfortable I was with crowds I refused to give into my fears.

This was our time to finally claim each other before everyone and I couldn't be happier.

As I reached the end Amanti met me with a brush of lips to my knuckles, a tender look alight in her eyes. She looked at me as if I was the most precious gift in her life. I couldn't help loving her more.

We stood facing each other as a priestess begin the necessary steps of officiating our bond. Our left hands were tied together in a ribbon, we took sips of wine from the same goblet, oil was poured on our bonded hands and my womb was blessed. The last part I thought was rather unnecessary given I would never get pregnant from our union but it was a lovely gesture.

After those rituals we sealed our bond with a kiss that sent the crowd witnessing our bond in bout of cheers and claps. Flower petals were showered over us as we walked down the isle.

Later found us in the grand Hall which was filled with the Lords and Laddies of Saëna Plutron all garbed in their finest garments, chatting through sips of expensive wines and decadent delicacies.

I even spotted Chief Coyek, his wife and children. They were our guests from afar and they were staying for a few days.

I saw Venerus and his partner, healer Kymil, who occasionally stole kisses when they thought no one was watching. It pleased me to see Venerus happy. His life at sea hadn't been easy, in fact, it was harrowing. But now he had a new life, one that promised true happiness.

Eron and Ranthel stayed glue at the buffet, stuffing themselves like pigs. They did not care for the maidens filling their hall. That was the case when food and wines were involved. I smiled at the sight, shaking my head amusedly. I then directed my gaze to my beloved, who stole my breath away with her beauty.

Amanti sat proudly on her throne and I was sitting right next to her on my own throne, our hands laced together. One by one our guests would approach us with well wishes and gifts.

Overall it was the happiest day of my life second to the day Amanti professed her love for me. And though this day was lovely I could not wait to have Amanti all to myself in the privacy of our chambers.

When midnight approached we were finally in our chambers, bare of all clothing. Amanti had me under her on the ridiculously large bed dressed in the most expensive silks.

She stared lovingly into my eyes, her body straddling mine, waves of heat wafting off of her and sinking into my pours.

She leaned ever slowly to my body, our bosom pressing against each other as her lips met mine in a slow dance of passion and want. I couldn't resist trailing my hands over her back all the way to her delectable rear which I kneaded to my heart's content.

Her fingers curled into my hair, gently tugging at the locks as she deepened the kiss that set my blood aflame with desire.

It wasn't long when we connected, consummating our union in the most intimate way imaginable. Shallow breaths and breathless moans echoed in the room, our sweat slicked bodies rolling against one another, legs tangled up.