eleven 〣 superb

It was so quiet that I could hear my heart rapidly beat in my chest.  

I swallowed, and desperately surveyed the room. Was there any place to hide? 

The elevator doors slid open, so even the answer to my question was yes, I didn't have any time to conceal myself. My heart thundered in my chest, and I stared at the open elevator. 

Chase. 

Of course it was Chase. 

"Y/N? What are you doing down here?" he questioned, his eyes filling with concern. Why would they fill with... 

Oh. 

He still thought I didn't know that they were bionic. 

"Oh, um, nothing. I just found the elevator, and my curiosity got the better of me." I nervously chuckled.  I decided maybe I could have a little fun with this. 

"So, what even is this place?" I asked, holding back a laugh. I managed to turn my expression to confusion, "It seems really high tech. I know Davenport is a billionaire but...  This place is just superb." 

Did I really just use the word superb? 

"It's, um... Uh..." He glanced around, eyes finally landing on me. 

"It's a set for a movie that he's funding." Chase said confidently. 

I nodded slowly, "Is that so? I didn't take him for the movie type." 

Chase laughed uneasily, "'Yup." 

I smiled brightly, and led him back to the elevator. 

"To upstairs!" I declared, stepping into the elevator. Chase laughed, and put his arm around my shoulder as I pushed the button. 

"Going up."