Just Another Lothario: Chapter 22

Keira was seated with Ambrose on her right and Conor on her left. Which left Celine hanging on Ambrose's right arm and suggesting nasty fantasies that Keira wished she could block out; not that she could because Celine was speaking loudly enough to hear across their round table.

Keira sighed and did her best to distract herself from Celine's nasily voice. She admired the garden and all the hard work everyone had put in to the arrangements for the wedding. The moon had taken place of the sun and the stars lit across the sky. Her eyes wandered over to where Alexander and Sylvia sat. They had their own table with Sylvia's parents and they looked absolutely joyful.

Keira turned her attention over to Ambrose. "It's your turn soon," she said nonchalantly.

"What are talking about?" Confusion clouded his head.

"You have to do a cheer for the newly weds." Keira nodded her head at Alexander and Sylvia. "As the groom's best man, it's your duty. So," she paused, handing him a wine glass, "get to it. Try to say something meaningful."

Ambrose glared at her and was about to object but Keira stood up and tapped her glass with her fork to gain everyone's attention. "Ahem, the best man would like to take a few moments to express his joy for the newly wedded couple." She smiled as she took her seat and nudged Ambrose to get up.

With a hiss towards Keira, Ambrose stood up. He composed himself and had a pleasant grin fixed on his face. He took a few minutes and wished the married couple great happiness and things of that kind. At the end of his speech he held his glass up and announced, "Cheers! To our, soon to be, king and queen!"

A chorus of agreement followed as they all wished the best for their kingdom. Ambrose looked down at Keira. "Lords and Ladies, it is my pleasure to say that the maid of honor has a few thoughts she'd like to share."

Keira smirked and stood up shaking her head a little. She glanced around the garden and addressed, "I recall the time that when Sylvia and I watched our first romance movie; she was quite infatuated with it. So much was her dream for an extravagant wedding that she took the liberty of planning out her entire wedding." A few people laughed at that.

"You should've all seen the list that she written of what she expected in a husband." Keira's eyes were filled with amusement as she saw her sister blush. "She was very detailed in what she was looking for in a man. A few things that she wanted in a husband was: he had to have an irish accent, icy blue eyes, speak ten different languages, and had to be very accomplished." Keira laughed lightly, "I don't know where she expected to find such a man if he even exists."

Keira kindly regarded Alexander, "Even so, I doubt she could've done any better with the one she is with now. He has been nothing but patient with her and that is a lot to ask for when it comes to Sylvia." She heard Alexander chuckle in agreement.

"I also recall," Keira continued, "that a few years ago, my sister heard a song that she fell in love with. She thought it was the most romantic, sweetest song she ever heard. So she promised herself that when she was to be married that that song would be her and her husband's. So with great pleasure, I would like to dedicate this song to the lovely couple."

Keira smiled and walked off to the front of the crowd where an acoustic guitar was set for her. She took a seat on a nearby stool and placed the instrument on her lap; adjusting her dress so she could play.

She strummed a steady beat and began the intro to Perfect Two by Auburn.

"You can be the peanut butter to my jelly,

You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly,

You can be the captain and I can be your first mate,