Just Another Lothario: Chapter 13

After their little scene, Keira and Sylvia both left the ballroom hand in hand. They could hear Celine screech in outrage. 

They snuck their way over to the kitchens and talked to all the staff. The staff was completely shocked at them. Apparently word spread like wildfire here at the castle. Everyone was glad that Keira blew up on Celine. They didn't like her much at all.

A maid came up to them. "My Ladies, the feast is about to begin. The king and queen are waiting for you in the Great Hall so they can begin."

"I don't want to go," Sylvia said stubbornly.

Keira thanked the maid and grabbed Sylvia's arm. "Stop being such a child. This is in honor of you."

Sylvia sulked but let Keira drag her to the Great Hall. As they stood in front of the large doors, Sylvia took a deep breath.

"Let's try not to start anything this time." Keira told her.

Sylvia snorted. "Please, it's them who starts it, we just end it." She smiled.

"Well you two sure haven't changed at all," a familiar voice said from behind them. 

They both turned to find Miss Sarah Bentley, well, Mrs. Hart, standing there with a small smile.

"Sarah!"  Sylvia yelled and jumped into her arms.

Sarah laughed. "My goodness child, you're still the same as ever."

Sylvia happily agreed and stepped aside so Sarah could get to Keira. 

Sarah held Keira in a tight embrace. "There's my loving child. I've missed you both so very much." Keira returned the gesture. 

"Let's get going, shall we? I think Sylvia's audience has waited long enough." Keira smiled at the two. 

~*~

Alexander sat at the head of the table instead of Sylvia's father. Which was strange but Keira later explained to Sylvia that Alexander is ruler of this kingdom, her parents and Sylvia herself are from a neighboring land, therefore he is at the head of the table. The king and queen sat on his left while Sylvia sat at his right, much to her dismay. Keira sat next to her and Ambrose sat between the queen and Celine. And of course, beside Celine was Conor.

Keira caught a glimpse of Sarah a few seats down sitting next to a gentlemen that held her hand in his. "That must be her husband."

"They don't look that bad together. I think Sarah could've done a better job but..." Sylvia shrugged.

"You do realize that that's her mate."

"Oh... well then."

"Idiot." Keira smirked at Sylvia and received a glare. 

After the food was served, everyone began to eat and chat with one another. The women ate small bits and pieces of their food, which was hardly any at all. Sylvia and Keira looked at each other and then at their plates. Keira ate the majority of hers but Sylvia's was piled like a mountain. They stared at each other again before looking at the rest of the women's plates.

Keira smirked as Sylvia laughed. Apparently all the other women were looking at the two of their plates as well as their own. You could see some of the disapproving looks from a few of them while others were just intrigued. A few girls in particular looked as if they wanted to devour their food but restrained themselves. It wasn't proper etiquette for girls at all. 

"Don't you think it's a bit out of propriety for women to eat so much?" Celine's voice drifted to them, clearly disdained. She hadn't even touched her food. She just took sips from her glass of wine.