Just Another Lothario: Chapter 9

The first thing Sylvia saw when she entered the room was the beautiful woman that sat next to a handsome looking man. They both had an air about them that spoke of strength and royalty. She knew that they were her parents by the way their eyes lit up when they saw her. 

"Sylvia!" The woman cried and ran to her. She hugged her into a tightening squeeze, her face streaming with tears. "My baby, my baby," she cooed. 

Sylvia was frozen stiff at first but then melted in her mother's arms and began to weep as well. She hugged her back and sniffed. Her father had crossed over to them and held them both. When they pulled away from each other, they were all smiling with teary eyes. 

The smile on her father's face quickly desiccated when he spotted Keira behind her. His face soon turned to pure fury as his face gradually turned red. As they had waited for their daughter, Alexander had informed them about Sylvia's guardian. He had been completely outraged! He didn't believe for a second that what he said was true but it was confirmed when he saw a bit of the tattoo that was covered by her dress sleeve. 

Sylvia noticed the anger on her father's face and knew all too well now that it was directed at Keira. Her happiness vanished and she soon turned irritated. She stood in front of her father and icily spoke, "Don't you dare."

He gave her a puzzled look. "What are you talking about my princess?"

"Don't think I can't see the way you're looking at my sister." She said through her clenched teeth. 

"Sister?" It was her mother's turn to look confused. "Who are you talking about, Love?"

"My sister!" She yelled.

Keira then came up from behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Calm yourself, Sylvia. These are your parents you are talking too."

"Get your hands off my daughter!" The king hollered.

Sylvia looked at him in complete outrage. "Don't tell her what to do! She's my guardian and my sister! So don't speak to her like that!"

Her parents stared at her in disbelief. "What are you talking about, Sweetie?" 

"Keira! She's my guardian!" She pointed to Keira who had a tired expression. 

"Not for long!" Her father yelled at her. This is not how they all pictured their reunion but he was beyond ticked.

"What?! If you even try and take her away from me, I'll make your life hell!" 

Keira then intervened and stepped in front of Sylvia. She looked directly at the king. "You are upsetting my protected. I'd appreciate it if you stopped or I will have to remove you from her presence."

The King's anger was boiling over. He could not believe that this girl had the audacity to speak to him like that. The king! His wife desperately tried to calm him down to no avail. He spoke through his teeth. "You will watch who you are talking to girl. I am king and father to Sylvia."

"Sir, I believe I was watching who I was talking to. And that was you. I am aware that you are a king and you are Sylvia's father but as her guardian it is my duty to remove anyone who upsets her."

Sylvia stood next to Keira with a proud look. 

"Please, let us all sit down and talk this out," the queen begged. The king held his anger and complied to his wife. 

They all sat on the couches before them except Keira. She stood behind the chair Sylvia sat in. She was personally relieved that she convinced Sylvia to not let her wear heels and settled for a pair of ballerina flats.