Charley and Rhea?

Thursday 20th February

What's your favourite feeling? Josh's lips. Ooh! Or knowing I'm about to be kissed. Or being kissed. Or just after. Just kissing Josh in general.

3pm: Not a bad day. I'm not so sure about Charley but Rhea seems rather taken with him much to Fabien's dismay...

I met up with Josh and Charley and the three of us made Smalltalk for a bit. Then Rhea arrived.

"Holy shit," charley muttered. "That one is mine..."

Rhea whispered in my ear as I hugged her, "Who is that amazingly gorgeous boy?"

I whispered back, "Josh's cousin..."

"Hey," she smiled batting her eyelashes. Did I even detect a hint of huskiness in her voice?

"Hi," Charley smiled. "I'm Charley."

"I'm Rhea," she said. "And oh my gosh...you're gorgeous..."

"What's your number?"

"Are you single?"

"I am if you are..."

Josh whispered to me, "Fabien is going to cry..."

"I know!" I laughed. Soon after we said that, Fabien arrived and the moment he saw Charley and Rhea deep in discussion, a dark shadow formed across his face. Josh looked uncomfortable, too, at the sight of his cousin flirting with a girl he knew.

“Who’s that?” Fabien muttered to me and Josh. Mainly to Josh – he’s still pretty mad at me.

“My cousin, Charley,” Josh explained. “He’s staying with me while my mum...” He paused and Fabien nodded with understanding. I gave Fabien a guilty look with regards to Rhea but he blanked me.

Needless to say, the rest of the day in town was pretty awkward. Rhea and Charley were happy enough wandering around together; Josh and I tried to include Fabien but he ignored us furiously. I overheard him speaking to Josh.

“Why did that bloody prick have to come along and ruin everything? I was getting close to actually becoming her friend as well...” he complained. The miserable expression on his face that he wore all day made me feel terrible. I bet he’s never going to trust me again.

“Mate, she was never into you. It’s awkward enough for me anyway – this is my cousin. Besides, he’s going back to his school after half term so she’ll be over him in no time,” Josh said. He tried to sound reassuring but it didn’t really work.

I tried to catch Rhea on her own (that was a challenge) and when I did, I said to her, “Why are you so into Charley? I don’t even like him...He’s so rude.” This was true – I didn’t like him. I was embarrassed by what he’d seen and he was a bit harsh at times. Josh used to be like that, though...

 Rhea stared at me, “He’s gorgeous, Jade! And he’s so tall and sweet and funny. And he laughs at all my jokes. Oh, he’s lovely!”

"He’s Josh’s cousin,” I said. “That’s gross.”

“Well, for you maybe. Hey! If we all got married we’d be cousins-in-law!” she said giggling. Charley appeared a few seconds after that...I didn’t really get a chance to speak to her again after that. Well, until we headed home. I was sleeping round her house after all.

7pm: Rhea and I are painting our nails and doing girly stuff. It’s so unlike Andrea but, then, she’s in love now. Charley texted her about 5 times asking how she was.

 “So,” I said. “You like him coz he’s tall?”

“Well, yeah, that’s one of the reasons,” she laughed.

“Isn’t every boy tall to you?” I joked. Rhea is tiny – bless!

She narrowed her eyes, “Whatever. He is really nice. No boy’s ever been this nice to me. Ever. Or made me feel this way!”

“Fabien was gutted,” I said quietly.

“What? You don’t still believe he likes me do you?” she laughed.

“Well...yeah?” I said. “He’s really angry at me because I didn’t ask you out for him. And now you’re into Charley he’s completely jealous.”

“Aww, poor Fabien,” Rhea said sarcastically.

“Why can’t you be a bit more sensitive towards Fabien? He really likes you, you know!” I sighed. “Imagine how you’d feel if Charley didn’t really like you!?”

She sighed, “I know. Wouldn’t you feel weird if someone liked you really badly? I’m trying to make it obvious I don’t like him – why can’t he just get the message?”

“I don’t think he wants to get the message,” I said. “Anyway – how amazing it was to meet my Dad and my half-brother the other day!”

“Aww!” Rhea grinned. “Does he actually look a bit like you?”

“Well – yeah!” I laughed.

Even though we’re having fun right now...there’s a bit of awkwardness there...A bit of a space between us that I haven’t felt since I said the wrong thing to Liza. What on Earth is up with me?