Oh Brother

Monday 17th February

What’s your favourite TV show? I don’t know...the news?! I know Josh’s favourite (*cough* Glee *cough) But I kind of understand why – he’s very passionate about music and singing. And he’s really good at that sort of thing!

5pm: I had an almost perfect day with Liza. It was scarily like the old days. We went into every single shop and picked out loads of different clothes and tried them on in the changing rooms and took photos. It’s so funny when you take lots of photos and then say to the person who asks you if they fit well, “Umm...no thanks...” Who cares?! It’s a good laugh!

Then we went to a coffee shop and sat there chatting for about two hours about everything until...Well...you’ll see...

“So, what’s Josh like? I mean, I swear you hated him last year!” Liza laughed.

“I know, right?” I said. “He’s just...amazing! Like – you wouldn’t believe how nice he is to me. And he’s so talented and smart and funny. Sometimes, we just sit there and laugh for hours!! It’s crazy...”

Liza smiled sadly, “It was like that with me and Ryan before...”

“...You thought you were pregnant?” I finished with an anxious smile.

“Exactly! Now he’s acting all cold...as if it’s my fault. He didn’t even reply when I told him I wasn’t...” she broke off and a tiny tear rolled down her cheek.

“Well he’s stupid then!” I said. “Look...you know you two have only been going out, what, a month and a half...you already did it?”

“We didn’t actually do it...” Liza said. I looked at her and she sighed. “OK we did. But it was an accident.”

“Right. But my point is – what if he only wanted to use you? I’m not saying Ryan’s a prick or anything but he broke up with Caitlin pretty soon after they went all the way. What if that’s all he wants...?” I paused and saw her face. It was contorted into a look of pure disgust.

“No. You’re wrong!” she said. “Ryan and I had – have – something special...”

“I know. Sorry I was probably wrong...” I said as her phone beeped. Liza scanned the text and burst into tears. People turned around to look at her.

“Oh...oh my goodness...” she sniffed. “You were...right...”

I glanced at the text: Liza, babe, I’m seeing someone else. Soz.

“Soz?” I snapped. “C’mon! Let’s get you up...let’s sort you out and find you someone new!”

She shook her head, “I’m sorry but I just remembered that I had to be somewhere right now...”

“Oh...OK...” I nodded. “See you, Liza.”

I don’t know what I did...I thought she’d enjoy trying to get over Ryan. I guess I just don’t know her anymore. But, other than the abrupt ending, this day was pretty good!

Tuesday 18th February

Today something huge is going to happen. Do you know what it could be? Meeting my Dad again and my half-brother, maybe...? I’m terrified. Absolutely terrified...

7pm: Today could possibly have been the most surprising day ever. Dad came to pick me up. When I heard the doorbell I jumped a metre or so into the air. Honestly! Even though I’d been expecting him to call, I just wasn’t ready. I seriously considered hiding in the washing but I went to the door and opened it.