Breaking Up

Thursday 16th January

What is the thing you look for most in a guy/girl? Well, I've gotta be honest and that's his brains! Yes, he should have some! Coz I don't wanna marry an idiot that has a meaningless job. Nah, I'd prefer a smart rich scientist that can help get me to fame. Oh, and cute eyes help too! :)

So, what happened today? Well, Josh was back. And we fake-broke up. Thankfully! Liza was cooing all over me at how heartbroken I must be.

"I mean, seriously, babes, I really thought Josh was the guy for you...aww well I'll set you up with someone no problem!" she said, grinning.

It had happened (our fake break up) like this...

I had spent an hour straitening my hair and then I set off to school with, SHOCK HORROR, makeup! But I'd been thinking: makeup often helps people get noticed and it was only a bit of foundation, blusher, mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss...

Anyway, I wandered...no, sauntered...into the tutor room and smiled at Josh who was sat reading a book. He looked a little taken aback by me at first, I just laughed.

"Wow, Jade? Jade Suicide Keys?" he asked.

I narrowed my eyes, a tiny smile appearing on my lips, "Yes it's me...what do you want?"

"I was going to say we should hold off this whole fake relationship but-" he stopped. I widened my eyes, egging him on. "Well, you look so different...I think..."

"No, we should stop it before one of us, I dunno, falls in love!" I laughed loudly and Josh joined me."This was short...and so unbelievably fake...how did anyone believe it?"

Josh shrugged, "Lol. I have no idea! Are you sure about holding it off? I mean...this was REALLY short..."

"I think it's best," I nodded. "Should I pretend to be pissed and heartbroken?"

He smirked, "If you want...why should we say we broke up anyway?"

"Umm...you called me ugly?!" I suggested, he blushed awkwardly.

"Sorry about that...you're not...but ok...it’s believable..." he said. He returned to his book and I pretended to hate him (ha, ha - pretending!) every time someone walked in.

I also introduced myself to Andrea later on in the day. She was quietly helping herself to a tuna sandwich when I pounced on her.

"Hi! Andrea isn't it? I'm Jade...from your English class?" I beamed, offering her my hand. She smiled at me, confused. Rosie stood behind me awkwardly muttering for me to hurry up.

"Hi Jade...why are you talking to me? Shouldn't you be with your, umm, boyfriend? Joshua?" she asked. The girl beside her snorted with a pig like nose, I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh I just really, REALLY need your help. And by the way, Josh and I broke up," I said sadly.

"You want my help to get you guys back together?" Andrea grinned. "Look no further Jade!"

"Umm, well actually..." I said. But she was already bombarding me with her plans. She scribbled down her number and handed me it.

"Text me tonight! I'll explain everything!" she said.

Yeah, maybe I should text...

*

I just texted her "HEY IT'S JADE :)" and am awaiting a reply. I still haven't listened to dad's message either...

Andrea: OMIGOSH JADE! I HAVE GOT THE BEST PLAN EVER...MAKE JOSH JEALOUS! XXX

Jade: HOW DOES THAT WORK THEN?