Single?

I sat and talked to Jemima for ages about everything because I figured she would be bored. It’s only now as I’m writing this up that I’ve thought...what if she starts worrying? I mean, she’s lying unconscious with nothing to do but think and listen and sleep. She’ll be thinking about the things I told her and worrying... What if that means she’ll never get better? I’m only going to make Josh more miserable now! I am such a bitch!

5pm: Mum just gave me a big lecture about not doing anything productive on my day off... I wish I could be off right the way until half term... except for Valentine’s Day. I think it’s because a part of me is hoping that Josh is going to ask me out! Heehee! I can only hope! Well, especially considering what Andrea told me yesterday. I can’t believe her! It still makes me SO mad reading over what she said. She’s texted me about 20 times saying sorry but I’ve decided to ignore her. She’s not worth it.

Saturday 8th February

How long is it until your birthday? Why do you care? My birthday is 1st January so, basically, ages away!

I’ve decided today to keep myself as busy as possible. I am going to bake loads of different cakes and cookies and do a taste test with Mum! Then we’ll give the best batch to Matthew’s cousin when he comes over tomorrow. Yes. He’s coming over tomorrow to meet me. Apparently they’ve met up loads. Sure. On Facebook! I can’t believe my Mother sometimes.

8pm: I have only just stopped! I baked so much that I had to go out to the shops three times to get extra ingredients! I’m going to text Rhea to say that I’m sorry too... I am. I don’t really see why I’m SO angry – she only lied to me about Josh to be nice to me. I lied to her about why I became her friend anyway. So I guess we’re even.

11pm: Rhea and I are friends again! We’re going to go shopping tomorrow. (Yes, I know – shopping of all things!) But only for the morning – tomorrow evening Mum’s boyfriend is coming over. So basically I have to choose an outfit to wear! (Also one for the Valentine’s dance next Friday at school...IF I get a date!)

Sunday 9th February

Why do you love animals so much? I don’t.

10pm: WELL! Today was certainly eventful! Rhea and I headed into town and I found two separate outfits. I bought some nice jeans a smart/casual top to wear to meet Mum’s boyfriend and then a beautiful dress for next Friday. Rhea and I were wandering around town with our arms almost dropping off when we bumped into Fabien and a few of his friends. (Surprisingly – not Joshua!)

“Hey!” Fabien said. He said to Andrea – not me – so I decided to talk to Alfie who was there as well. But I was only really half talking to him because I was paying attention to what Rhea was saying to Fabien.

“Hi,” Rhea smiled. “Where’s Josh?”

Fabien pulled a face, “Why are you and Jade so obsessed with him? I think he’s at the hospital...”

“I’m not obsessed with him!” Rhea demanded. I could see where Fabien was coming from – we do talk about him a lot! Poor jealous Fabien.

“Whatever. He’s already got a date for the Valentine’s dance – do you?” he asked.

Rhea turned pink, “Err...I don’t know...”

“You don’t know?” Fabien asked.  “Well, when you know – do you want to go with me?”

Rhea bit down on her lip, “I...”