Chapter Twenty Eight

Authors Note: The Book Is Going To Finish Soon-Just Thought I'd Let You Know!! Hopw You Like It...

Abbey's POV

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Bill was proposing to me in Jordan's office. I was speechless for a moment and then I glanced over at Jordan and he looked nervous and shocked. 
I only knew Bill for about less than a week and already he's proposing to me, expecting me to say yes. I bet he thought that when we had lunch together, it was a date, but it wasn't. I would never go out with Bill because first of all, he wasn't my type and second of all he is kind of short. 
I stared into his eyes and he stared into mines. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't in love with Bill but I could see he was in love with me. He must be crazy in love with me because he had bought a huge diamond ring which probably cost a fortune. 

"Bill...I...I..." I paused to have a think about how I was going to break it down gently. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Bill, that’s awfully nice of you but..."  

"But..." Bill was eager to slip the ring onto my finger because he was now holding my hand. 

"But...the thing is that I don't love you..." Bill's nervous smile fades away. "Bill, don't take it personally, but I can't marry someone I don't love." 

The look on his face made me want to say yes but I couldn't because I just didn't love him. Bill stood up and he seemed like he was going to burst into tears. Oh God. I am not really good at handling tears even my own. 

"Bill, I'm really sorry but it's a no," I say gently. 

He opens he mouth to say something but not a word is spoken so he closes it again. "B...but, I thought you l...love me," He stuttered. "We went on so many dates. Well three but..."

"Bill, we never been on any dates at all," I said, trying to make him understand. "We were only hanging out and having lunch like friends do." 

"Oh," He said, looking down onto the ground. "Well, I...um...got to go." 

He closes the velvet reed box that held the diamond ring and placed it back in his pocket. He scratches his head and I could tell he was embarrassed. He rushed out of the room and the door slammed as it shut. I turned to Jordan with an awkward look and then straightened my face and formed a smile. He did too. Several seconds later when we were sure Bill was gone we burst into laughter again. I felt bad but it was sort of funny the way he proposed to me but he was nervous. 

"Abbey Adams...Will you..."Jordan was laughing so much that he couldn't finish his sentence.”Will you carry me?" 

I laughed even more and began to have an upset tummy. I tried to stop but it was too funny to forget and not have a laugh about it. Jordan was making Bills facial expressions and now I needed to go to the toilet. I think I'm going to have wet trousers any second now.

"Jordan, stop it!" I snapped but still laughing. "I am going to wet myself!"

"Go ahead," He stopped laughing but still had a big smile on his face.

"I'm going to the toilet," I told him and evicted the room.

***
I returned to Jordan's office and he was on the phone talking to someone. I'm pretty sure it was his dad because he was saying 'dad' a couple of time. He hanged up and then looked up at me. Something was up.

"You won’t believe what happened!" Jordan exclaimed sadly.

"What!" I said, excited to hear.

"My motorbike has a flat tire when dad was riding it," He sighs.