Door Block

Honestly, I can’t bear with all these sophisticated dresses. Every formal dress to me looks sophisticated. I guess mine is categorized in the simple category but I still find it sophisticated. I don’t mean to ruin anything, but I’m just not fond of wearing anything that goes under my knee that’s not pants. The skirt of my school uniform always hang a few inches above my knees and I forgive that. Wedding dresses are… Long… Well, forgive me for complaining too much. Anyways, I need some time away from all that.

            “Don’t let the guys see you either!” Macy reminded as I was making my way upstairs, “It wouldn’t be fair if they see you before your brothers!”

            Them saying those things to me made me even more curios and itching to find out, but I never break promises.  I also feel like talking to them and finish my conversation with Cubbie. “Fine, I’ll find a way.”

            “Thank you!”

            I climbed up the stairs silently and walked down the hallway. This seems to feel similar to walking down the aisle, I think. Great, I feel uncomfortable walking in hallways now.

            “Nathaniel, please stop running around.” I heard Cubbie, “You’re going to wear yourself out.”

            “How long do I have to wear this?”

            “The whole day, buddy.”

            “How come Chris and Austin doesn’t have to wear it?”

            “They will. See? Uncle Mark and Pontius are putting it on them right now.”

            “I don’t like wearing this either, squirt.” I heard Mark say, “But we’ll have to wear it just for one special day.”

            “Chris, promise me you won’t drool all over it?”

            “Pwomish!” His sister talks a little better,

            “My little man!”

            “I’m hungwy!”

            “I know, but you can as much cake as you want later.”

            “There’s cake?” Nate interjected excitedly,

            “If you behave, you can have as much as you want.” Cubbie said, “Deal?”

            “Deal! I’ll be good!”

            The door was opened a little so I could hear the hustle and bustle loudly and clearly. I was able to visualize whatever’s going on in there. I could picture the mess they created. As promised, I stayed outside and away from eyesight. To make things even, I’m out of their eyesight as well.

            “You know the girls are going to wear something a lot more complicated than us, right?” I heard Sean, “So we can’t complain.”

            “He’s right.” Isom agreed, “We can’t complain.”

            I slammed my back against the wall, “Guys?”

            “I’m sorry, kiddo.” That was Pontius, “The girls threatened us.”

            “Don’t worry, I happen to be threatened too.”

            I could hear shuffles, “Why aren’t you downstairs?” His voice was a little louder, which only means that he took a few steps closer.