Preparation

I have been to Cubbie’s house a zillion times. I’ve been there so many times, I started to learn where’s what and how’s what done. They have come to agree that if they could come to my place any time they want, then so could I. They took a while to negotiate with, but I finally got it and made things a little bit more fair. Today, I stepped in to his house and felt like stepping in to a new house. It was chaos in here. The stairs were turned into this spot were the tuxedos and the dresses were being hanged. The little table close to it used to be the home of this tiny flower pot, but it’s now replaced with accessories. It’s a house turned into a gigantic closet. I looked up to the top of the stairs and saw that the gate had been reinstalled. You know, those little gates that blocked hallways or stairs so toddlers wouldn’t go there? The last time I was that thing in this house was when Nate turned three. It’s like the house has been baby-proofed all over again. “Is there a toddler here that I’m not aware of?”

            Rebecca snorted, “No, it’s just so the little rascals wouldn’t touch anything.” And by little rascals, she was referring to the kids and the guys.

            “So you basically caged them all up there?”

            “Well, that’s where most of Nate’s toys are.” She shrugged, “That’s a distraction.”

            “Where’s Daisy?” Stella asked because she has only met her,

            Macy extended her hand, “I’ll take you right up to her and you’re going to meet new friends too!”

            “Really?” Her smile grew,

            “Yea. You’re going to meet Austin, Nate, Chris, and Jane.”

            “And while she plays with her new friends, you’re going to have a blast with us!” Amy grabbed me by the hand and dragged me,

            I groaned in despair.

            “You’re gonna look stunning!” Sophie squealed,

            “Yeay.” I cheered halfheartedly,

            I was pushed down to a chair and all the girls left except for Riley. They said that they had to go get something, which made me nervous. She gingerly sat next to me, “I know you’re nervous.”

            “I’m about to piss myself I muttered,

            She chuckled, “I know this is a little tiny weeny bit stupid, but you don’t have to be nervous.”

            “You’re right.” I bit my bottom lip and nodded, “That is a little tiny weeny bit stupid.”

            “When it’s all over, it’s going to be the greatest feeling ever.”

            “Sleeping is the greatest feeling ever.”           

            “It’s going to feel a lot better than that.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “I’m sure.”

            “…”

            “…”

            “Riley?”

            “Hm?”

            “When you were walking down…” I hesitated, “What was on your mind? I mean, what were you thinking about?”

            “Me? I was thinking about nailing the walk, that’s really crucial. Just go with the flow and let your legs walk you to your groom.”