Duets in the woods

Sorry I haven't updated for a while! Kinda hate this one, since it doesn't make much sense but here you have Connor singing a bunch of Years & Years songs. (he's a  #secretsinger irl sooo enjoy :))

Connor was once again bored. He spent the whole weekend on his sofa, only getting up to pee and get snacks. Binging on TV shows and eating loads of food for two days straight was fun but it didn't give him such a rush as going on an adventure. He needed to get out and do something new. 

He took a shower, packed his camera and locked the door. He got into his car and 'King' came on the radio. He turned it on full volume and sung along with it. He wasn't as good singer as Olly but it didn't matter since he was alone. Finally, he stopped the car somewhere near the beach. He grabbed his belongings and headed towards the beach. The camera was hung around his neck, stylish black shades on, protecting his green eyes from the bright Californian sun.  

He decided on going towards the quieter side of the beach. He walked peacefully, listening to the sounds of the ocean. It was a beautiful day, the sky clear, waves calm. Connor sat on the waterline waiting for a wave to come. He took some photos of the water but they all looked very plain. Something was missing. He got up, brushed his pants and walked searching for anything eye-catching. He noticed some beautiful flowers growing in the green area near bushes further from the ocean. He headed there to examine them. The flowers were even more beautiful closer up. Subtle purple color with some twists of blue made them stand out from the tall grass. 

After a couple shots of the beautiful flowers he walked away quietly singing under his breath. He soon noticed a little wooden path hidden between some bushes. Connor debated whether to stay on his path or follow the wooden one. Curiosity won. 'I wanted to go on an adventure anyway' he thought and headed straight between the bushes, following an unknown path. He walked for a couple minutes not reaching any place on the other end. Just when he thought to turn around, a nice meadow could be seen in the distance. He reached the end of the path and noticed the place was completely empty. 'Perfect' he smiled. Connor found a nice place under an oak tree and laid down on the grass. 

It was relaxing and quiet, only chirping birds disturbing the silence with their high pitched voices. The warmth and lazy wind was making him sleepy. After laying there for a while he was just about to fall into slumber when he heard somebody sing quietly.

''Well nothing's gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them, I can see through them...'' the voice echoed somewhere far, behind the trees. Connor recognized the lyrics easily, it was one of his favourite songs, which sounded even more beautiful sung by the stranger. He could listen to it the whole day.

''Cause I wanna be bigger than life...'' The song reached his favourite part, so he decided to join in. The voice suddenly stopped. 'The person probably heard me and I scared them. Great, Connor, truly amazing' he thought a little annoyed at himself. He sat up taking a sip of the water he brought with him. It was getting pretty hot there. He still hoped to see the owner of the beautiful voice somewhere. 

After some consideration he got up, grabbed his things and headed towards the forest. If he wasn't lucky enough to find the singer, at least he would have a nice walk in the woods. He wandered between the trees, looking for a sign of life anywhere near. There were some small animals running around but no human to be seen. Connor thought to try and sing another song, maybe the person will reply.

''Take shelter, ooh'' he started singing a little nervously. ''Take the pressure, ooh'' he sang louder and more confident this time, his voice still cracking a little. It seemed a little surreal - a city boy wandering in the woods, singing in hope someone replies. Nobody answered for a while and Connor decided to head back and binge watch three more TV shows.

''Do what you want tonight, it's alright if you want to get used'' the voice echoed through the trees again and Connor stopped in his tracks.

''Then get used'' they sung in unison until Connor noticed a boy with a mess of brown curls shadowing a pair of bright blue eyes peek through the trees. The boy was just as beautiful as his angelic voice.

''Hi, I'm Connor'' he croaked out fixing his hair shyly.

''Hi, I'm Troye'' the boy introduced himself with a slight smirk on his face.

Congratulations if you made it till the end! I've had a writer's block, so I couldn't write anything proper, hope this oneshot was somewhat decent. Plus, I'm pretty sure there aren't forests near beaches in LA but I wrote this having Lithuanian beaches in mind.

Have a good day/night/whatever,

-Em x