CHAPTER FIVE: A GIRL FROM A CLASSROOM, STARING AT ME.

"I'M SURE YOUR HAIR USED TO BE LIGHTER" ELOISE SAID TO ME WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR ZOE TO TURN UP AT REGISTRATION. OH HECK I THOUGHT. IS IT REALLY THAT NOTICABLE?

"Aha, you must be imagining things!" I waved my arms about unconvincingly (ah, back to normal type)

Eloise was about to answer me when Zoe plonked herself beside us and Eloise said "Oh my god it's so warm, my lipstick melted today! My favourite one and everything!"

"Oh no!!" Zoe laughed. "Ugh, I'm so tired I had an extra early ballet today"

I sighed. I might as well cease to exist when these two are together. Ever since they became friends they had been glued together, no time for little Clover. I was glad that we me and Eloise were making friends, but all the rest of the girls on my class seemed really horrible and I doubted they would warm to me, so I was a little scared of Eloise and Zoe going off together and leaving me alone. Still, it's only been a week or so. I'm sure it will all work out...

~*~*~*~*~*~

Break time. I would usually hang out with Eloise, but... Oh forget it. I wasn't going to squeeze any amount of conversation out of those two. I might as well do something else. Hmmmmm...

~*~

I decided on going to the library. Lots of books, that would be interesting, if I hadn't read them all before.

~*~

I dithered around outside the library corridor, wondering if it was safe to go in. I didn't know what to do, did you have to sign in to read a book? What if it wasn't even open?

~*~

A girl with hair tied down in a brown plait that lay neatly down her back looked at me from across the corridor. I looked at her back. She looked at me. I looked at her a bit more. She looked at me. I looked at her then tilted my head: 'what?'

~*~

She swallowed then walked gingerly over to me.

"Um, are you gonna go in the library?" She asked.

"Well, I was, but I don't know what to do and don't want to go in alone"

"Wanna go in there together?" She asked.

'Well' I thought. 'I am starting to see how I was part of fiction. It was a nicely placed coincidence that we were both going to go in the library but to nervous to go alone...'

"Yeah, sure. Um, what's you're name?" I replied.

"Violet."

"I'm Clover. Don't laugh. I was named by a seven year old."

Violet laughed anyway.

~*~

We walked down the library corridor and came to a row of bags against the wall.

"I think we put our bags here" Violet said and I nodded then slung my bag off my shoulder.

~*~

Then we approached the door to library and pushed it open.

~*~

Inside, I instantly liked it. Rows upon rows of multi coloured books stood cramped on the shelf. Children sat at the light wood tables quietly reading books and dropping comments to their friends who sat nearby. The air was filled with the flipping of pages, feet scuffing the ground, the clicking of keys at the computers and the distinct murmur of clever people. I smiled quietly to myself then looked at Violet.

"Wanna get a book and, you know, sit down somewhere?" I whispered.

"Yeah sure" she returned.

~*~

I passed the rows of books. What should I read? I took a few books out and blurbed them. There was one about a girl who finds out she is a missing person, one about some sort of freak show, a series about some dragons- I caught sight of Septimus Heap; a book series about a young wizard apprentice dude and his adoptive princess Sister. 'Great!' I thought. 'They have the one I haven't read yet!'

~*~

At that moment I realised I had lost Violet. I shrugged my shoulders. 'Oh well. I'm sure I will see her again at some point.' I sat down at one of the varnished desks and turned the first page...

~*~

A while later, the bell rang. Some of the students went over to a desk at the front of the library carrying books. I saw the books being scanned, then handed back to the students who took them out of the library. 'Aha' I thought.

~*~

A few minutes later I emerged carrying Septimus Heap.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I was on my way to history when period five rolled over, when I felt something prickling on the back of my neck. My sixths sense was unusually bad for someone like me, so it must have been something important. Stopping abruptly, I spun slowly round on the spot, as if dancing in slow motion, trying to find the source of the prickling. Then I saw her. A girl from a classroom, staring at me.

~*~

She stared at me with her intense gaze, greyish irises unblinking. Her silvery brown hair fell in tight curls and her fringe formed a mask over her left eye. Her skin was terrifyingly pale.

~*~

We stared at each other for two eternities before the second bell jerked me to my senses. I forgot about the girl in the window as I realised I was the only one standing outside in the playground.

"Ah-!" I yelped. I looked cautiously around me, slung my bag of my shoulder and held in my arms, then legged it to my next lesson.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I soon forgot about the girl. Which was a bad idea.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

Yo.

So, that was short because it was a filler, and I take decades on fillers, I'm sorry!

Stick around for the next chapter, hopefully it'll come out so0n '^^

See you in the Afterlife.

Sx 

Cx 

RMx