Chapter Four: The full moon makes her stronger...

*Clover's POV*

"Clover, wake up." My mum said dragging the covers off my bed.

'Mmrnnynyrhrhrmrmrrmyrrymyrmryh" I groaned.

"I don't care, you're going to be late if you don't get up"

"Ugh" I sat up as best as I could without smashing my head on the ceiling. "Stop being cliche. Your making my head hurt" but my mum had already left. I lay back down.

~*~

A few minutes later I was de-duveted again and I dragged myself out of bed. Shimming down my rope ladder, I landed in a pile of clothes. I rooted around to find some news school uniform and got dressed.

~*~

A knock at the door summoned me, and I opened it to reveal Samantha. Her long, perfectly styled hair fell in brunette waves and her eyes were caked in mascara.

"You ready?" She drawled.

"Yep" I said and looked around for my bag.

~*~

Once out of the door, I walked to school with Samantha in near silence. I asked her what she had that day and she told me she had 'English or something'. I said I had 'art, maths, history, science and English'. The nothing was said after that. I was starting to get the feeling that Samantha didn't like me much.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lunch time. I milled about in the canteen corridor for a bit, seeing if I could see anyone I knew. Eloise was on pack lunch, I knew that, and everyone else I knew weren't in my form there fore I had no clue where anyone else was. After a bit, I gave up and joined a random queue.

~*~

Once I had got my lunch (farfelle pasta with tomato sauce and cheese) I looked around once again for anyone I knew. No one. Great. I thought as I plonked myself down on one of the wall seats, the ones that look like they should belong at the bar where you order your drinks, you know, the really tall ones. A few minutes after having eaten grumpily at my pasta, I heard a voice behind me.

"Um, Can I sit with you this lunch...?"

I turned round to see Christina. Her?! Ugh, today's my lucky day. "Yeah, of course" I said dryly.

"....Sorry about the other day" Christina said shyly.

"You should be."

"Oh. Um, you never really explained how you could jump that high" Christina said, prompting me to explain. I sighed. I guess I did owe her an explanation.

"Fine." I looked around me, then continued in a quieter voice. "Every year, on Halloween, me and Anya turn into a monster. She turns into a werewolf, whilst I turn into Wink. Bu-"

"I'm sorry, a Wink??" Christina asked me.

"Not a Wink, just Wink. Wink is a small, agile creature with white skin, It is very flexible and tends to do flips and stuff instead of walking. It's quite fun, running around Pinewood in the dark and spying on kids who are trick or treating."

"Ah, ok then"

"Yes. But, as I was saying, we tend to start noticing little changes in ourselves around October. For me, I can run faster, jump higher and touch my toes for once. With Anya its harder to spot changes seeing as werewolves are actual humans during normal time, so she just about stay the same."

"But what if it isn't a full moon on Halloween?"

"She changes anyway. The full moon just makes her stronger."