Chapter three: Someone else, who's listening in on us...

*Anastasia POV*

"Anya. Anya. Anya.anya. Anya. Anya. Anya. Anya. Any-" 

"What!?" 

"My eyes are getting darker."

~*~

It was a crisp, cold day. The sky was icy blue and the clouds were crisp and clean, having rained them selves into submission the previous day. It was that type of day when it was so cold it hurt to breath in.

~*~

Me and clover were stood in the Tech Shelter, the Place, it seemed, of Ultimately Terrifying News Giving.

~*~

"Really?"  

"Yes. Also I can jump really high. And hear your heart beating." 

"Ok, I'm scared now" 

"Me too."  

We stood in silence for a while, the only two people staying still in the sea of pupils. The school bell shrieked over the cacophony of shouts and laughter.  

"Show me at lunch. Behind the leisure centre" I said, catching Clover's arms as she hurried off. The dark haired girl nodded, then skittered off to form.

~*~*~*~*~*~

We met at one, just after eating lunch together. We milled over to behind the tech shelter, attempting not to look suspicious or worried. When pretty much no one was looking, we hurried across the field, and into a little alley way between the leisure centre and the nursery.  

"So, how high can you jump?" I asked timidly. Clover looked round anxiously, then bent her knees, preprint to jump. Suddenly she sprang upwards her feet just about level with my shoulder. 

"!" I yelped as she hit the ground and almost fell over.  

"I know, it scared me to-"  

"What is it?" I asked, breathing quicker. 

"Some one gasped" she said quickly and quietly.  

"Well, I was pretty-" 

"No, not you! Someone else, who's listening in on us.....they've stopped breathing.... And I can hear their heart beat really faintly." Clover's eyes widened. She whipped round to face the corner or the leisure centre, just as a gust of wind blew a few strands of hair out into plain sight. I dashed over to the corner and hauled who ever was standing behind said corner round said corner and placed her just in front of said corner. 

"SKYLAR?!?" I yelled at her when I saw the smaller girl's startled expression.  

"Uh!" Skylar whimpered.  

"Skylar! They're not hurting you are they?" Another girl flung herself round the corner. 

"Christina!? You too!?" I blared. 

"U-um. Sorry" Christina mumbled.  

"Why the heck were you spying on us!!" Clover said, using language much more colourful than usual*.  

"We....we heard you talking about something the other day, and....we were curious" Skylar looked down. "Sorry" 

"Sorry wont change anything now!!" Clover exclaimed, starting to pace. "You've seen it now, there's no turning back! Argh!"  

"What are you on about?" Christina said extremely confused.  

Clover steadied herself, then looked directly at Skylar and Christina and began to explain. 

~*~ 

"Ok. Basically, I am part of the vast community of the Kingdom. The kingdom is where all things fantasy and fictional belong. Like me and Anya. And now you. Me, because I was born into it, sort. Anya, because I got her into this, not exactly by mistake,but I kinda regretted it on some ways afterwards. You, because you were spying in us, have seen fiction with your own eyes therefore you are now part of it- am I making any sense?" Clover looked at me.  

"Well I understand it because I'm part of it, but I'm sure these two have no clue" I said helpfully. 

"Well then" Clover placed her hands lightly on her hips. "They'll just have to learn through experience." She turned back to the girls. "If you notice any weird changes in your physical abilities, appearance or mental/ emotional differs, come to me and I will decided what to do. In the mean time, don't blame me if you get kidnapped or whisked off to another dimension, because its tour fault for spying on us. Good day"  

Clover stalked off and I followed her apologising to the other girls. We left Skylar and Christina dazed and bemused into the alleyway.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I can't believe they were spying on us!!! They might get the selves killed because of this!!" Clover ranted outside of school when I found her loitering around looking livid.  

"Clover, calm down, you're attraction odd stares" I said sweat dropping.  

"But if they get killed it will be my fault!!" She fretted. 

"But no-one you know has actually died yet"  

"But I almost got you killed last year Anastasia!" She said looking desperately at me. I hesitated at that. That was true. But that still wouldn't help the situation that those two girls had got them selves into.  

"We need to help them" I said defiantly. 

Clover didn't say anything, biting back a retort. "Fine" she gave in at last. "But you are going to do all the explaining. You know I am pathetic at that" 

I smiled. "Of course"  

~*~ 

*Clover may be 11 but she didn't really get the nack of using language until she was older, I.e.until she was 12.  

She did occasionally use words like 'heck' and 'god', and later on 'charnas guts!', when she was particularly cross, upset or surprised, but the real language such as 'scheisse' and 'wanker' only kicked in later on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There we go, third chapter up. Not going to badly, there is SOME plot in there.  

I'm writing this as some genuinely terrible music is playing on the radio, I am very tempted to go and smash it up.  

Seriously it's got trumpets everywhere. 

Back on topic, fourth chapter coming soon (I hope), so.... Stay tuned....or what ever....bye.