Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I froze. James sucked. How could he do this to me? I thought we were family? I thought he was supposed to help me; be supportive- not cause me to have an anxiety attack! He was such a jerk! What did James expect me to do? Hug the kid, and then pretend we were all good? This wasn’t fair!

      “Mr. Prescott,” I said, my lips pursed into a straight line, as I was about ready to kill James.

      “Cammy! Take a seat!” James said. He did so, and only then did I get a good look at him. The giner sitting diagonally across from me hadn’t changed drastically since the last time I saw him; he was a bit taller, and his facial features were more defined.

      “James, what the hell?!” I demanded furiously. 

      “Cam mentioned that he’d be in town, so I suggested he join us for dinner,” James reasoned.

      “Uh huh. We have to go,” I stated, standing up abruptly.

      “Elle, don’t you dare walk out of this restaurant!” James warned.

      “Or what?” I challenged, glaring at the man I was somehow genetically linked to.

      “I’ll call Charles, and tell him that you were being rude to Brandy Prescott’s son.”

      “Whatever!” I said, sitting myself back down angrily.

      “Am I missing something?” Nick questioned, clearing confused as to what was occuring.

      “Oh, sorry! Where are our manners?” James said, “Nick this is a good friend of ours, Cameron Prescott, Cam this is Nick Ross.”

      “Hello,” Cameron said in his nauseatingly sweet accent, shaking Nick’s hand.

      “Hi,” Nick said.

      “Elle, you look lovely,” Cam complimented, smiling politely.

      “I know,” I said evenly, fury still bubbling up inside of me.

      “Really, you’re looking better than ever,” he said, as his British accent trickled its way into my ears. Having a British accent was like having a super power- everyone, even your haters, are forced to love your voice.

      “I know,” I repeated, taking a deep breath to try and calm myself. I couldn’t get sucked in by Cam again. He was just so irresistible! I wanted to fogive him, and yet, I knew that wasn’t a possibility.  

      “So, Cameron, how do you know James and Elle?” Nick asked innocently.

      “Family friends,” the Brit answered simply. I rolled my eyes, his vagueness truly amazing me.

      “Oh.”

      “And how do you know Elle?”

      “She’s my girlfriend,” Nick said, grinning triumphantly, as if he had won some unspoken battle. If he only knew...

      “Well, that’s wonderful for you two,” Cam laughed.

      “So, Cam, how about you tell Elle what you’ve been up to lately,” James proposed.

      “I’ve been, uh, doing some modeling,” Cam said sheepishly, looking down as if he was ashamed.   

      “Of course you have,” I muttered sarcastically, rolling my eyes in distaste.

      “Elle, by the way, you’re having tea with Brandy, and her son tomorrow,” James said, dropping an atomic bomb on me. There was no way that I was willingly going to ‘Tea’ with Cam.