Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

       “Hey, I have an idea, let’s play spin the bottle!” Rosie said as we all stared at her with distaste and confusion. What she and Gina were even doing in the library was beyond our comprehension level.

       Phillip, John, Nick, and I were minding our own business, when out of no where Gina and Rosie sat right down at our table, chattering away. I seriously wanted to use my pepper spray on them to see if that drove them off.

       “No,” Phillip said flatly.

       “Oh, come on?!” she pleaded.

       “No,” Nick said.

       “Please, get away from us,” I said, holding Nick’s hand under the table.

       “It’s a free country! One of the many reasons I love America so much!” Gina said.

       “Yeah, but it’s a library, and you’re supposed to be quiet,” John said, staring at Nick in disapproval.

       “Whatever!” Rosie muttered.

       “So, we’re going to play spin the bottle whether you’re into it or not,” Gina declared.

       “No,” Phillip repeated.

       “Phillip, you don’t have an option,” Gina said, emptying a bottle of water into the trashcan next to her.

       “Water conservation,” I coughed into my arm, trying to continue focusing on my homework.

       “I’ll go first!” Rosie said, flicking the bottle. It landed on Nick.

       “Nick, it’s your lucky day! You get to kiss Rosie!” Gina cried.

       “No,” Nick said.

       “Why not?” she demanded.

       “Because- oh wait we never told you guys, did we?” he said. Oh boy, shit was about to go down.

       “Never told us what?” Rosie asked, pulling her V-neck shirt even lower, if possible.

       “We’re dating,” Nick said, exposing our intertwined hands.

       “No!” Rosie gasped in shock.

       “Who would ever want to go out with Elle?” Gina asked. I wanted to punch her.

       “A few people,” I heard John mumble.

       “So, you two are going out?” Phillip asked.

       “Yup,” I said.

       “Congrats, dude!” he said, his face filled with what I thought to be genuine happiness for us.

       “Thanks,” Nick said.

       “Well, Nick, the bottle did land on you, so…” Rosie said, coming face to face with him.

       “So I guess you should either spin again, or put that bottle away,” Nick said, squeezing my hand.

       “Oh Nick,” she laughed, “that’s not how I play.” Then out of nowhere- actually I’m sure it was out of somewhere- she kissed Nick. When he immediately pulled away, I used the oppertunity to come out completely.

       “Rosie, you’re such a slutty bitch!” I said, growing red with anger.

       “Excuse me?” she said.