Chapter Twelve

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: Miss Missing You by Fall Out Boy
--------------------------

When I woke up, Alex's arm was draped across my waist and my back was pressed right up against his chest. Without waking him, I rolled over so that I was facing him. He looked so peaceful whilst he was sleeping. Carefully, I reached up my right hand to trace the perfect features of his face. My fingers lightly brushed over his nose and around his eyelids and across his cheeks. The stubble covering the lower half of his face tickled my hand as I reached his chin. My thumb traced the shape of his smooth lips before his eyes opened. Chocolate brown eyes stared into my own green ones and a smile tugged at the corner of his lips.
"Good Mor-" I started but he cut me off by pressing his soft lips onto mine. Immediately, I cupped his face with my hands and returned his gentle kiss before he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine.
"Good morning." He whispered. I smiled as he reached up his right hand and began to trace my features like I had his. His fingers skimmed across my eyelids, down my nose, along my cheek bones before finally his fingers touched my chapped lips. He traced them several times before leaning in to kiss me again. Just as his lips were about to brush mine the sound of liquid hitting the floor echoed throughout the apartment. A long groan came from the bedroom and then more liquid hit the floor, this time however the person coughed and gagged instead of groaning.
I sighed. "Fuck sake."
"Have fun." Alex chuckled as I climbed off the couch, grabbed a bucket from underneath the kitchen sink along with a spare toothbrush, hair tie, a glass of water and some baby wipes and walking into my bedroom.

Stella was sat on the edge of the bed with her back to me. She had both her arms wrapped around her middle and her body was shaking. Quickly, I made my way to her side and thrust the bucket under her chin as she threw up noisily again. Once she took the bucket from my hands I placed the water and baby wipes on my bedside cabinet which had narrowly avoided being covered in puke. I sat behind Stella and pulled her knotted, auburn hair into a loose ponytail away from her face before dodging the vomit on the floor to open up the window. A cold breeze immediately washed over us and I heard Stella sniff. I looked over my shoulder to see that she'd removed the bucket from her lap and was sipping the water.

"I'm okay, I feel better now." She said in a croaky voice.
"Good." I replied before disappearing into the bathroom to grab some cleaning products and a cloth. I cleaned the floor as well as I could before looking up at my best friend who for once didn't look glamorous at all. Dark circles that looked almost black decorated her under eyes. Her usually pale, perfect complexion was flushed red and tiny pimples had broken out all over her face. She wasn't smiling. A sad, guilty look was all over her face and for once, I felt sorry for her.

"Sorry for throwing up." She sniffed. I handed her the toothbrush and took the bucket from her.
"It's okay. You couldn't help it." I replied before making my way back to the bathroom with her trailing behind. I emptied the bucket into the toilet and flushed away the contents before rinsing it in the shower and filling it with diluted bleach.
"Stella take a shower and chose any of my clothes okay." I said as she finished brushing her teeth. Stella nodded before hugging me quickly and closing the bathroom door. Alex was waiting for me in the hall and automatically opened his arms for me.

"You better not make me sick." He teased as be put his arm around my waist.
"Funny." I retorted, sticking my tongue out at him.
"I made coffee."
"Thank you. What time is it?" I asked. I noticed Alex had changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a white shirt. It was useful having some of his clothes at my place and some of mine at his.
"Nine." He replied before scooping my legs out from underneath me and picking me up. He twirled me round in circles whilst I squealed to be put down. I had my arms clamped tightly around his neck and once he'd stopped twirling me, he kissed me gently and suddenly I couldn't tell if it was all the spinning that was causing me to feel dizzy.