Chapter Seventeen

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: The Fire (acoustic) by Tonight Alive
--------------------------------

Sunlight streaming through my open bedroom window woke me in the morning. Carefully, I stretched my arms above my head before turning onto my side. Alex was laid beside me with his head resting on his arms, sleeping like a baby. A smile formed on my lips and I slowly cuddled into his side. He stirred but didn't fully wake, instead he rolled over and pulled his arms out from under the pillow and draped one across my body, pinning me to the bed.
"Noooo." I groaned as I tried to escape his grasp. I heard him chuckle, informing me that he was now awake.
"You're not leaving this bed." Alex murmured, using his other arm to grip me tighter.
"Yes I am." I protested, wriggling around some more. The shirt I'd thrown on after last nights activities started to ride up and Alex's hands instantly disappeared underneath the fabric. "No!" I giggled as his fingers tickled my sides.
"You're not leaving." He chuckled. "You have to stay right here and lo- uh I mean spend time with me."
I almost hadn't picked up on his stutter when he almost said the wrong thing. His cheeks turned a little red but I chose to ignore it and instead used the fact he was now distracted to my advantage. Carefully, I pushed hard on his chest causing him to roll onto his back. I straddled his waist and smirked at his surprised expression.
"I have work today." I told him before leaning down to kiss him.
"Do you have to go?" Alex groaned.
"Yup." I replied, kissing him again.
"You suck." He said, pushing me off him gently and finally allowing me to climb out of the bed.
"Yeah." I sighed. The bed sheets made a ruffling noise and I spun round to see that Alex had bundled himself up like a burrito. "Oh my god!" I giggled before grabbing my phone from the bedside cabinet and snapchatting Alex as a burrito. I saved the photo and then uploaded it to Instagram and captioning it 'Hey @ jackalltimelow don't do it 😉. In all seriousness though, Alex definitely makes the cutest burrito I've ever seen 😍'. Instantly the post was swarmed with likes and comments including one from Jack himself which simply read 'Already have 😇' I laughed before showing Alex the photo and Jack's comment to which Alex rolled his eyes before complaining he wanted to sleep some more so I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, some clean underwear, a plain black hoodie, a pair of old vans and a nirvana shirt and leaving the bedroom.

I didn't bother taking a shower and instead of dealing with my dirty hair I threw it into a high ponytail. Quickly I changed into my clothes for the day and rushed into the kitchen where I gulped a bottle of strawberry flavoured milk and popped a cinnamon poptart into the toaster. Whilst I was waiting for my poptart to be ready I checked the time. Eight am. After a moment of deliberating I decided to message Adia and tell her about the previous night's events.

HOLLY: Good morning my angel
ADIA: Holly, it's seven am I'm sleeping!
HOLLY: I'm so sorry!
ADIA: 😂😂
HOLLY: I'm such an awful person 😂😂
ADIA: Two to three hours I'll be fully awake
HOLLY: Okay
ADIA: Time zones dude
HOLLY: Sleep well my love.
HOLLY: I love you
ADIA: I shall my princess
ADIA: I love you too

The conversation ended as I realised I'd have to fill Adia in on everything later. The toaster popped and I swiftly took the poptart out and placed as much of it as possible in my mouth without burning my tongue. I was quick eating it and just as I swallowed the last mouthful a loud knocking on the door echoed throughout the apartment. I answered and was shocked to find my brother, Danny, stood in the doorway with Winter in his arms and her stroller, baby bags and toys beside him.
"Oh god Danny no. Not today I can't." I groaned as my brother thrust my niece towards me.
"Holly, you're my last resort please. I need someone to watch Winter. Flora is going into hospital for the operation on her hip and I need to be there." My brother pleaded.
"I'm working this morning!" I protested as I took Winter in my arms and moved out of the way as Danny pushed the stroller into my apartment. "I can't just take her to work with me!"
"Holly, you're a smart girl you'll figure something out." My brother smiled, knowing he had me defeated. He placed a quick kiss on his daughters chubby cheek and ruffled my hair as he almost sprinted down the hall towards the stairs.