Chapter Twenty Six

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: All or Nothing by We Are The In Crowd
-----------------------------------------------

- 4 months later -
24 weeks pregnant (6 months)

"Holls these are cute!" Stella grinned as she held up a pair of pink baby shoes with glittery flowers printed on the sides.
"Just because she's a girl it doesn't mean you can dress her in pink all the time." I laughed, rubbing my huge stomach in smooth circles.
"You have to let me have some fun!" Stella pouted before we both erupted into giggles.
"Right you've had your fifteen minutes of browsing in here, can we now please go get some food before I get kicked to death by a hungry baby?" I asked my smiling friend. She nodded, put down the pink shoes and we left the baby shop.
As we sat down in a cute coffee shop Stella began to bombard me with questions.
"Is your back sore? Is she moving around? Are you comfortable? Have you bought a crib yet? Have you heard from Alex?"
"Yes my back is painful but nothing new there, yes she is moving and kicking, I'm comfortable, I haven't bought a crib yet and no I haven't spoken to Alex although I should probably thank him for that tweet." I smiled, answering all her questions at once.

After the argument Alex and I had had four months ago we hadn't spoken properly. He'd come home drunk and I'd spent the night making sure he wasn't sick. The day after when he'd sobered up, i left and took as much of my stuff as i could carry with me. At first I'd stayed with Rian and Cassadee but I could tell my presence was inconvenient because of their busy lifestyles so after a few weeks staying with them, I moved in with Stella. I could tell Stella loved having me with her all the time because it gave her an excuse to look at baby clothes and talk about babies non stop. I had made the decision to not get an abortion after Alex and I fought and decided that I could bring my baby up alone if I had to. Alex and I hadn't spoken to each other after I left until I went for our baby's twelve week scan. I was told by the nurse that the baby was fine and healthy and then I get to hear the rapid heartbeat which brought tears to my eyes and made me begin to question why I considered abortion in the first place. I was handed some photos from the scan in that appointment and knew immediately Alex, would want one so I drove to his house and posted it through the door. That evening I received a text from him thanking me and asking my permission to post the photo on social media which I said yes to because our family and friends already knew. We hadn't spoken again since then although I'd been to find out the gender of our baby but I hadn't told him. He knew at twenty weeks we would know what our baby was so if he wasn't going to make an effort to speak to me, I wasn't going to make an effort with him.

Alex's fans knew that Alex and I weren't together anymore and after I'd received weeks of hate from people Alex had finally noticed and posted two screenshots of something he'd written which read: To everyone who keeps posting hateful comments on Hollys social media, I'm asking you to stop. The reasons why Holly and I split are personal; she did not cheat, she was not using me and the short time we were together was incredibly good and special. As many of you know Holly is pregnant and the child is mine. I am beyond excited to meet my baby and although I'm not with Holly, I am going to continue to support her throughout the pregnancy and after our baby is born.  To everyone who is going out of their way to be hateful towards her, please stop now - it's so fucking childish. To the people who have been kind to both of us, I'm grateful and I hope you continue to respect my private life and Hollys.

"I'm glad he posted that tweet though, some of those comments were so nasty." Stella smiled. I just shrugged and took a long sip of my fruity smoothie.
"It was a good thing for him to do, but he didn't need to. I can ignore the assholes." I told her as I put my drink down and started on the slice of chocolate cake on the plate in front of me. "You have no idea how long I've been craving this." I grinned as I speared a piece with my fork and placed it in my mouth. Stella rolled her eyes and we lapsed into conversation about the baby. I was mid way through finishing my smoothie when Stella suddenly sat upright and seemed to freeze. Her hand reached out and grabbed my wrist tight and her eyes did not move from the door behind us.
"Ow, Stella what the hell." I said, staring at her. "What's the matter?"
"How much do you want to avoid Alex right now?" She whispered. I was more confused than ever and went to turn around to see what she was looking at but she stopped me.
"I don't want to see him right this second but I'm not avoiding him Stella. Why?" I answered.
"Because he's just walked in here with Rian and Zack." She finally explained.
"What!?" I almost yelled, clamping my hand down on my mouth when I realised how loud I'd actually been. "We're leaving now." I hissed. Stella grabbed our bags and we made our way towards the door. My heart began to race as I saw Alex leant against the wall, laughing at something either Zack or Rian had said. Stella managed to slip through the door gracefully, and undetected however I was not so lucky. As I walked behind Rian  he took an unexpected step back, bumping into me.
"Oh god I'm so- Holly?" He said as he realised who I was. Alex and Zacks heads snapped up to look at me.
"Hey guys." I smiled awkwardly, not daring to look at Alex and instead focusing my smiles on Zack and Rian.
"How are you doing?" Zack asked politely as I rubbed my bump in an attempt to comfort myself even a little bit. The baby must have picked up on my suddenly anxious mood because I felt her begin to move around and kick.
"I'm okay." I replied. In my peripheral vision I could see Alex staring down at the floor and decided it was time to wrap the awkward conversation up. "Guys I'm really sorry but I've really got to go. It was really great to see you."
"Bye." Zack and Rian said in unison as I stepped through the door and joined Stella on the side walk. She must have picked up on the fact I didn't want to talk about what had just happened because she didn't start quizzing me as soon as I was back by her side. Instead we walked in silence until a hand grabbed my arm causing me to spin round and stare at the person in front of me.
"We need to talk." Alex sighed. Stella stood defensively at my side and Alex glanced at her. "Alone." He added.
"Stella, I'll meet you at your car okay?" I told her. She smiled and hurried away.
"How's our baby?" Alex asked as soon as Stella was out of earshot.
"She's fine." I answered, rubbing my stomach with one hand.
"She?" Alex repeated. "It's a girl?"
"Yep, she's a girl. The doctors said that she's doing really well and she's looking really healthy and I'm twenty four weeks in so she's viable now so if something went wrong she'd have a good chance at surviving."
"Wow, okay so that's good news. I have a daughter." He breathed, a grin lit up his face. "Does she move around? Do you feel her kick yet?" He asked.
"Yeah, she's actually really active especially at night time. She's kicking me at the minute, give me your hand you might be able to feel it." I offered, reaching out to take his tattooed hand in mine. I'd missed this, the feeling of his skin touching mine. I held his hand in mine for longer than I needed to and he must have noticed because when I looked up at him, he was watching me with a sad expression.
"Here we go." I said quickly when I noticed he was watching. I placed his hand on the side of my stomach and waited. Seconds later I could feel my baby's tiny feet kicking right where Alex's hand was.
"Is that her?" He asked. I nodded and looked up to see he had tears in his eyes.
"Why are you crying?" I whispered, reaching up to place my hand on his shoulder.
"I miss you." He replied, removing his hand from my stomach as the baby began to settle. Tears began to form in my eyes as I hesitantly pulled him in for a hug. His arms held me tight against his body as I cried into his shirt and I could feel his tears on my shoulder where he'd buried his head.
"I'm sorry." I murmured against his chest. "I didn't want us to fight, I thought getting rid of her was our best option but now I know I was wrong. I love her so much."
"I love her too." Alex told me, squeezing me tighter.
"I miss you." I whispered.
"I miss you." He repeated. "Holls, come back with me. Move back in with me. I cleared out the spare room so she can have a nursery. Let's get back together. I love you."
"Alex I love you too. I really really do but can you really forgive me that easily?" I asked, pulling away so that I could look him in the eyes.
"I've already forgiven you Holl." Alex smiled before leaning down to kiss me.