Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen: Trying Something New

Brianna's POV

Once I had gotten up the steps to my locker, Jeremy was already standing by it with his text books in his arms. "What took you so long?"

"Dakota. He tried inviting me to a party he's having tonight, but I said no. But, you're invited." I said, twisting in my combination, and opening the locker door.

"See I told you you'd get along just fine with the populars." Jeremy grinned, nudging me with his elbow.

"What about those cheerleaders?"

"They don't count. Half of them are stuck up snobs." Jeremy stated, scrunching up his nose. I grabbed my other four text books for the last classes of the day. I had Biology, Social Studies, Chemistry, and English. I guess you could say I was a bit obsessed with Science.

"I guess." I shrugged, closing the door.

"So, you're not going to the party?" Jeremy asked.

"Nope."

"Why?"

"Like I told Dakota, I don't do parties. They aren't my scene." I explained, once again.

"I don't want this to sound like peer pressure or anything, but c'mon. At least try it for me? If you want to go home, no big deal. I'll take you."

"I said-"

"Please!" He begged like a little kid, leaning against a locker.

"Why should I?"

"Because, I want to try to get you exposed to new things, and new friends. Like... trying to open up a whole new world for you." Jeremy smiled.

"Thats very kind of you, but-"

"Eh, eh, eh! No buts!"

"Haha, you said no buts." I snickered.

"You're hilarious." He said, sarcastically.

"I know I am." I said, flashing him a smile.

"So, please will you go?" He pleaded.

"I don't know..."

"Please..." He begged again, trying his best to pull off a puppy dog face. I'll admit, it did look adorable on him, but I'm not falling for it.

"Jeremy-"

"Please!"

"Fine..." I huffed, slumping my shoulders in defeat.

"Haha, I won!" He teased, kissing me on the cheek. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks, making them turn a shade of pink.

"Shut up." I muttered.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling for us to go to class.
"I'll meet you at your locker after our classes, okay?" Jeremy said.

"Okay. Have fun!" I called to him.

"Yeah! I'll just have loads of it in Spanish class!"

___________________________

I apologize that this is so short. It's a filler chapter... I guess.

ilyasm ♡

-Shaybug