Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Realizing

Brianna walked home triumphantly. Had she finally made a friend? She hoped so. This had been her first friend since she started high school. This was the only person that treated her like a human, instead of a dog.

The sun glowed brightly. Grey clouds moving towards the distance. The wind slowing down. She wished she could take off her sweat shirt, but that would reveal how she coped with everything.

She neared the front steps of her house. Her dads car was gone, but her moms car was there.

'Great.' She thought. She sighed, and stepped inside the house. The aroma of coffee overwhelmed her senses as she opened and shut the door.

From her view from the front door, she could see her mother sitting on the couch, a cigarette in one hand, and a cup of coffee in the other. Her short, dark hair was tied back away from her face. Bags were formed under her grey colored eyes.

"Hello, Brianna. Come in. Sit down." Her mother, Casey smiled. Brianna sighed, and walked over to her, setting down on the love seat opposite her mother.

"I don't need to be invited to sit down in my own house." Brianna retorted. Amanda laughed.

"What got into you, smarty. Don't back talk your mom."

"I'm just stating the obvious." Brianna shrugged.

Brianna sat there for a couple hours with her mom. This is the longest she had spent with her in a while. They didn't talk much, only small talk.

After those couple hours, her mom had gotten ready and left to go out to a bar and find a hook up.

Now, Brianna sat alone at the island in the kitchen, sipping at a cup of coffee.

Her father busted through the door, not noticing her at first. He looked exhausted and run down.

Brianna stared at him as he just stood there. He didn't move a muscle. He must of sensed her watching him, because he snapped his head up and met her gaze.

A wicked smile played at his lips as he walked over to her. Her eyes widened as she slid off the chair to the other side of the island. He backed her up to the point where she couldn't move any farther.

"How's my failure of a daughter, huh?" He smiled, grabbing at her waist. She winced as he squeezed her tight, only to back hand her across the face. She whimpered, and grabbed her cheek. "Answer me!" He yelled. She shook with fear. He shook his head and pulled his fist back, and punched her in the other cheek.

Brianna still shook. Her dad backed away with a satisfied look on his face. "That's it for tonight. I'm to tired." He said, and walked into the living room. Brianna still stayed back up against the counter.

She finally came back to reality, and sneakily creaked up to her room, and locked the door behind her like she does every night.

She sat on her bed, and scooted up against the wall, and hugged her knees to her chest. She let the tears fall down her face. Even though it wasn't the worst beating she got, she still couldn't handle it. To her, it was just as bad.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket, making her jump. She pulled it out of her pocket, and unlocked it.

From: Jeremy

Just wanted to make sure this is Brianna. Just in case you gave me a fake number! ;)

To: Jeremy

Haha!!!(: No, I wouldn't do that! I'm not that mean. Heck, I'm not even mean.

From: Jeremy

Just checking. And I bet there's a fierce tiger somewhere inside that panda bear. ;)

To: Jeremy

If there is, I haven't found it yet!!(:

From: Jeremy

You should!!

To: Jeremy

It's easier said than done... Duh!!! :P

From: Jeremy

Haha!!! Well, Brianna it's getting late. Goodnight! See you later?

To: Jeremy

Sure! Goodnight!

Brianna smiled through her tears. She really did make a friend. A friend that did care.

She tossed her phone across the bed, and rested her head on the wall. Brianna's mind went back to what happened in the lunch room. When she goes back to school, she had a feeling she would be picked on even more.

That's all she needed.

Finally, Brianna had stopped crying. Her face was red and blotchy. Her eyes were puffy and blood shot. She felt tired. Tired of everything. Of everyone.

She lifted up her sleeve as looked at her wrist. They looked the same way they did that morning. She sighed and got up out of bed, and opened her drawer and pulled out her razor blade.

Brianna walked to her bathroom, and shut the door behind her. She stared into the mirror. What she saw was ugly and fat. A no good, worthless, no body.

She pressed the blade to her skin once again, and slide it across it. Slivers of blood surfaced to the skin. She continued, but each cut, a bit deeper.

'What have I gotten myself into?! What have I done to myself?!'