Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Lunch With the Populars

Brianna's POV

I picked up my math book from my desk as the bell for lunch rang. Somehow, I did manage to stay away from two thirds of Meagan's minions. I can check that accomplishment off my list.

I exited the classroom, and jogged to my locker. Once I reached it, I noticed Jeremy standing there, a friendly smile on his lips. I smiled and waved at him. "Hi, Jeremy."

"Hey, how was your classes?" He wondered as I placed my text books in, and shut my locker.

"Boring as always, but no biggy." I shrugged.

"Did Meagan's henchmen come for you?" He started making his way to the set of double doors that led to the stairs.

"Surprisingly, no." I grinned, walking down the steps with Jeremy in front of me.

"Thats good." He nodded, opening the door for me, and stepping through the doorway himself, then letting it shut behind him.

"Yeah. Now, I just need to get away from Meagan's other minion, and her, then I'll be happy as a lark." I grinned, happily.

"What is a lark?" Jeremy asked, furrowing his eyebrows, making a cute little frown form on his forehead.

"I think its a bird, but I'm not abso-"

"Hey, man!" Someone called.

I looked in the direction the person called. A guy with short, rugged looking, blonde hair and green eyes, clad in a pair of light wash jeans, a white t-shirt, and a jock jacket. He was looking in the direction of Jeremy and I.

Jeremy sighed, but walked over to him, bringing me with him. Really, I didn't need to be insulted by anymore popular people. "Hey, Joe. Whats up?"

"Coach just texted me, and practice was canceled. Something about his wife having her baby or something." Who I assumed is Joe, informed Jeremy, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks man, really appreciate it." Jeremy smiled, patting him on the back.

"No problem." he nodded. "You got you a new girl, I see." Joe smirked, crossing his arms over his toned chest.

"No, no. She's just a friend." Jeremy replied.

"Ouch, the good ole friend zone." Joe winced, directing his comment towards me. I was about to reply, but Jeremy beat me to it.

"Put a sock in it, Sanders." Jeremy rolled his eyes, gripping my arm, and pulling me inside the cafeteria.

Please, don't see us.

As if someone read my thoughts, and thought it would be a great idea to disobey them, multiple people's attention was directed toward us.

Where is Harry Potters invisible cloak when you need it?

I sort of shielded my face from them, until I noticed Jeremy was dragging me towards the popular table. Oh no. "Um, Jeremy."

"Yes?"

"Do I have to sit at the popular table? I'm perfectly fine sitting by myse-"

"Nonsense!" He declared, pulling me along. I inwardly groaned.

The table was filled with jocks and cheerleaders. Clearly, this is not a place for me. Jeremy sat down, pulling me down with him. When I sat down, everyone stopped talking and looked at me weirdly. Seriously? What is with all the weird looks?

I guess since I'm going to be sitting here, I might as well test out my confidence that I'm still trying to find. "Who's this?" One of the cheerleaders scoffed.

"Th-"

"I'm Brianna." I smiled, kindly, yet sarcastically.

"Why are you sitting here? This is the popular table, not the loser table. So, go grab your microscope and take a hike." Another one said, making a couple of the other cheerleaders laugh. There goes my confidence right out the window.

"Heidi, chill the hell out and leave her alone." Jeremy snarled. She just rolled her eyes, and continued her conversation with the girl in front of her.

I sighed, running a hand through my wavy, black hair. This is going to be a long lunch.

"Well, hey, Brianna." One of the jocks smiled. He was sitting across for Jeremy. "I'm Jared."

"Hi, Jared." I smiled, kindly.

"So, what brings you to the popular table?" He asked, tapping his fingers.

"That thing." I said flatly, pointing to Jeremy.

"I went from Jeremy, to 'that thing'? How insulting." Jeremy said, fake hurt in his voice.

"You'll be okay." I cooed. Jared chuckled at our banter.

"I'm gonna go get lunch. What do you want?" Jeremy asked, rising to his feet.

"I can get mine. It's no big deal." I shrugged.

"Sssshhh, and let me be civil. Now, I'm going to ask again. What do you want?" He repeated, sticking his hands on my shoulders.

I sighed, not feeling in the mood to bicker, "A slice of pizza, and a tea please?"

"Thats it?" He asked, his eyes wide. I nodded my head cautiously.

"Yeah... thats it."

"Whatever you say." He shrugged, walking away.

Since Jeremy's gone I bet all these popular kids are going to harass me or something. Well, all except Jared. He seemed pretty nice.

I could feel someone staring at the side of my head, so I turned it to see who it was.

It was that cheerleader that called me a loser, and she's just not staring, shes glaring. There's another hate list I've been put on for no reason. I swear people need to get-

All of a sudden, I felt something run up the side of my calf. What the hell? I looked under to see it was someones foot. Then, I realized the guy who sat in front of me owned it.

The dude was pretty attractive, but I wouldn't go for him. But, it's not like I'd have a chance with him anyway. He has chestnut colored hair that's swept to the side, with a pair of blue eyes to match.

"Do you mind?"

"Not at all." He smirked, doing it some more, but his foot kept getting higher and higher...

"Yeah, I see you don't, but I do."

"But," He leaned up over the table to my ear, "I can't resist. You're to hot."

I froze as a chill racked my body. I'm not to keen on these type of things, so I say nothing more. I've never been called hot before, but I had a feeling he only wanted me in bed. What an ass.

"I'm back." I herd Jeremy's chirpy voice say behind me. He leaned over me placing a bottle of 'Snapple' ice tea, and two slices of pizza in front of me. Of course he got me two. I shook my head at him before opening my 'Snapple' and taking a drink of it, letting the cool liquid run down my throat.

The rest of lunch was kind of awkward for me. The guy that practically groped my leg kept staring at me. When I would catch him, he would just wink at me. He attempted to talk to me, but I just answered simply just to shut him up, oh and I found out his name is Dakota.

"So, Brianna."

As I was walking through the corridor of the cafeteria, my name was said. I turned around to see leg groper.

Joy.

"What?"

"I'm having a party tonight at my place at eight o clock, and I was wondering if you wanted to come." He grinned.
Okay, I think I'm dreaming.

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"Parties really aren't my scene." I shrugged, continuing to walk.

"C'mon." he pleaded. He gripped my shoulder, pulling me back towards him. "I could show you a good time."

A sudden confidence swept through my body. I scoffed, stopping on his foot, making him let me go. I laughed at him, and continued on my way as leg groper mumbled curse words under his breath.

"Well, at least tell Jeremy for me, will you?" He called as I shut the double doors that lead to the steps.

I guess I could do that. Maybe it would get him off my back.