Shattered

“Wow, how have I not noticed you before?” A boy with long, shaggy, thick black hair asked. His eyes were a clouded gray, I think he said his name was Yuki? A grade above me. I smoothed out my hair, trying to flirt, but I wasn’t feeling it. I gave off an awkward giggle.

“I guess the same as how I didn’t notice you before.” I tried. I hated myself for playing dumb, but he seemed to be getting into it.

“Maybe we should go out or something. What do you say, doll?” He ran his fingers through my hair. My skin crawled, I backed away ramming into a wall.

“Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to back off.” Someone said. I peered around Yuki to face Kyoya. I smiled.

“What’s your problem, man? Can’t you see I’m working an angle?” He spat.

“And can’t you see she’s uncomfortable? Besides, her love isn’t free, if you catch my drift.”

Yuki’s eyes narrowed into a glare.

“Can I help you?” Honey asked rounding the corner with Mori. Yuki’s gaze danced along the boys. He shrugged his shoulder, smirking.

“You can have her, she’s not worth the trouble.” He chuckled. “I can’t believe I wasted my time and money for this slut.”

Excuse me?” I choked. I took a step forward. Kyoya stopped me.

“That won’t be necessary.”

I followed his gaze. Mori’s hands were clamped into tight fists. His jaw was locked into place, and his eyes seemed harder than usual. Honey seemed unusually calm, but his grip on the little pink bunny turned deadly.

“Excuse me, sir. What did you just say about my friend? I think I heard you wrong.” Honey chattered cheerfully.

“You heard correctly, your friend’s infected with all kinds of STDs. She’s a slut. She’s not even that cute. What a wast-“

Before he had time to finish, Mori let his fist make contact with the raw side of Yuki’s cheek. A faint gasp escaped my mouth and I think I flinched. Kyoya was smug, loving every second of the fight.

Yuki hit the ground with a light

Thud.

He cradled his cheek,

Shock consumed his face.

A few people stopped to stare.

“Sir, I think you have the wrong girl.” Honey sang. “The girl I see is as sweet as cookies and cake, and she’s not a slut! She’s as cute as a sugar cookie with sprinkles and, and…” He paused to look up at Mori. “Aw, man! Mori, can we get something sweet to eat? I have a sudden craving for sugar!”

Mori smiled down at the boy, Yuki sprang to his feet.

“What the hell, man? What did I do to deserve this? I demand a refund!”

“Sorry, no refunds.” Kyoya said tossing his hands carelessly aside. He fixed his glasses to a point on his nose. “Unless you want to take it up with my friend, Mori, here.”

“No, no, no!” He was speaking to quickly. “I’m fine! No refunds necessary.”

He leaped into the air and took off after the door. I turned to thank Mori, but he was surrounded by a group of crazed fan girls. I sighed, looking for Honey. He was taken, as well, happily choking down on a large slice of cake. I glanced up at Kyoya and smiled.

“Thank you for the rescue. I needed that.”

“So I’ve heard.” His voice held no emotion. “Just be careful. You’re no super girl.”